• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How to motivate Activision to make Battlezone 3

Started by Ohioastromech, December 20, 2009, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohioastromech

I posted this on the Battlezone Club Forum and FirBirGir said should post it here.

I know I haven't posted much but getting the e-mail about the latest BZ Enhanced download made me get my copy of Battlezone out and start playing it again.
I still am amazed at the quality in game play and graphics.

I started thinking what could possibly coax Activision to create Battlezone 3.
I have seen polls on the internet but they don't sem to get much attention from Activision.

What if fans pulled their collective tallents, generated blueprints and built a couple full scale grizzly tanks, scouts or scavengers and brought them to a future E3 Convention.

I know this sounds like an epic task to take on but it can be done.

I was a part of a group of Star Wars fans that wanted to build a accurate replica of the Landspeeder from A New Hope and it finally was finished.

A scout would be small and easy to build, the grizzly would be larger but possible to build in a 2 car garage, the scavenger may be a bit too big.

Because they are all facetted it would be easy to build a plywood on frame mock-up, seal it with plaster, paint and weather.

What I need to know is if there is any way to pull the wire frame vehicles off Battlezone and convert them into a dfx or dwg format.

If that can be done then the rest would be easy.

Let me know what you guys think.

Scot

CivBase

Just one problem.... Pandemic was the company that developed BZ2, not Activision.  (As far as I know) they just published it.  With Pandemic studios down, you'd have to convince another company to take up the mantel...

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

There was a guy building a real working-hovercraft razor on the BZC forums a long time ago..janus I think but probably not. Nothing ever came of that. He may or may not have had the body done but had trouble procuring the machine guns he wanted.

TwinShadow

Civ is right, Pandemic Studios were the developers for BZ2, and has source code from other games as well that would also need some permissions. EA got them closed down, so the best you'll see a BZ3 is the modifications the community does to BZ2. On the one hand, FE just may be considered 'BZ3' to some extent, being one of the best mods available. More like expansion to be accurate.

I don't think a BZ3 will ever exist as it is. Not many people seem to like the concept of an FPS/RTS hybrid. It works when its done right, but not too many are keen on the idea.

Red Devil

Send them a $50,000,000 retainer and maybe they'll talk to you.
What box???

Red Spot

Quote from: TwinShadow on December 20, 2009, 10:19:24 PM
I don't think a BZ3 will ever exist as it is. Not many people seem to like the concept of an FPS/RTS hybrid. It works when its done right, but not too many are keen on the idea.

I guess its too difficult to multitask for lots of people, you also cant just join a game for 20min to than switch to a different server cause you got shot a bit too often for your taste as you see happen in most other MP games.
I notice that in most team-based MP games very few actually play in/as a team, in BZ you are required to do so, which is one of the main aspects I like about team-strat ...

Quote from: Red Devil on December 20, 2009, 10:41:03 PM
Send them a $50,000,000 retainer and maybe they'll talk to you.

Lol, yeah to thank you for the generous donation :P
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

mrtwosheds

Cool motor...I don't suppose those jet engines actually work?  :-D
Just needs a couple of machine guns, a rocket launcher and mine layer.

Ohioastromech

Nope.
The engine pods were an exercise in CAD and balsa sheeting.
They are fiberglass now.

Scot

S.cavA.rmyG.en

QuoteJust needs a couple of machine guns, a rocket launcher and mine layer.
magnetic rail gun for a cannon or a palsa torch for arc fun are the only things I would add to that list of real weapons you could put on it. If some one desides to build that the army will want one. hay thay may make BZ3 for a trainer game for it.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?