• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Very Important

Started by sabrebattletank, December 20, 2009, 11:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

To quote two things I said on the video reply to this which is the original FOX NEWS report:

QuoteI know from the video it appears that they were wrong, but really we just don't know unless we were there.

At least Fox actually reports everything, be it slanted. All the other news stations just plain don't report news they don't like and add commentary of an extreme bias (opposite to Fox's slant) series of comments.

It's amazing how there is not ONE 'news' station left in the US, just Bias ones and slanted ones.

QuoteYea, probably misinformed or under-informed. Happens all the time but the only news EVER called out on it is FOX. For one little slip up with the wrong video showing FOX got slammed to hell (Palin Book Signing).

It's sad how now-a-days we have FOX reporting everything right a right slant and other news stations just omitting any news that doesn't fit their left bias and 'tweaking' the news (to the point of having news anchors give opinions).

We don't KNOW if they were idiots with snowballs or war protesters being ass holes. Right now I tend to find them often one in the same at winter time. Also, we don't know if the officer said he was an officer. You clearly can barely hear a damn thing on that video other than the idiot next to the camera.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Drawing a *gun* on someone throwing a snowball is never the correct response.

If that were so, I'd be dead by now...
What box???

Nielk1

However officers draw their weapon when they have cause. Can we see the whole crowd? no. Someone in the crowd may have a gun, or be throwing bricks or some equivalent. The fact of it is, there is not enough information for judgment.

Click on the image...

Red Spot

Dont know the whole story, obviously, but these kids are asking for it ...
Clear group behaviour, as long as our group is bigger than yours we feel we can do whatever we want ... than complain if something gets out of control ..
Drawing a gun may not have been the best aproach, but imagine how you would feel if you where facing 100 kids out of control and lacking any respect for authority ....

It makes me think about what happend a couple of years ago when I was out with some friends, some punkass teenager said to some cops "I 'think' you are a dick" (which is allowed here, you are free to state your opinion). Then got smacked in the face by some bystander and than was surprised the cops didnt act on it ....
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

sabrebattletank

Also, I do have it on good authority (eg Facebook event invitations) that there were community snowball fights, whether or not the videotaped event was a community, spontaneous snowball fight I don't know. AFAIK there are just some other peoples' youtube videos. I assume she's telling the truth.

But yeah, I do agree, those guys were being jerks.

To be fair, the responding cops were very professional and they looked almost ashamed to be defending the oddball gun-toting one.

Nielk1

Quote from: sabrebattletank on December 21, 2009, 09:42:57 AM
To be fair, the responding cops were very professional and they looked almost ashamed to be defending the oddball gun-toting one.

For all we know that gun-toter was attacked with balls of solid ice. Very dangerous.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

The guy just got his new Hummer hit by a snowball and had a hissy fit.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. -Abraham Maslow
What box???

TheJamsh

RD's nailed it, Snowball....... Gun......

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CivBase

I love how the poster of the video took a home video, less than a minute long, and just assumed that he had more information about the incident than FOX, and then had the guts to go post it on youtube and demand an apology from them.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

"opposite to Fox's slant"
note: FOX only airs news reports as a show 2 howers a day the remanning bord cast is a emotinol responce to the news not news. ref as stated under their survice dicumation.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

AHadley

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on December 22, 2009, 12:13:17 AM
note: FOX only airs news reports as a show 2 howers a day the remanning bord cast is a emotinol responce to the news not news. ref as stated under their survice dicumation.

Are you sure they're all real words?

Clavin12

Sounds like the start of the boston massacre.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on December 22, 2009, 12:13:17 AM

I have no idea WTF you said, but FOX News is not the opinion based parts they often get slammed for. Those have always been entertainment. You see what kind of bullhoot they get if they show the wrong video or picture for  a split moment.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

He said that Fox only airs 2 hours of news, everything else is editorial.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.