• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I need a way to shoot ordnance down really fast

Started by ScarleTomato, December 22, 2009, 12:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

how do you get the popper to spawn things without it targeting something?

S.cavA.rmyG.en

popper to spawn things without it targeting something?
[No]the poppers have to target something even if you don't give it the target your self it needs to lock on something to spawn something.
{poppers only support ordnance spawns}.

I now reffer to units for something fun. you can spawn working units with weapons just they will be treated as ordnance and you can not give them orders these units can be used to make weapons that normaly can't be made.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

ScarleTomato

I thought about using a unit or building to do what i wanted but that could get messy. and I'd like it to just shoot, even if there isn't an enemy about. I think i'll just keep it like it is for now.

I've been playing around with deploy times and durations. At first there was a shell coming in every second or so for about 30 seconds. Nice for an "oh hoot what is going on!?" effect. But I inadvertently made it where there were a couple shell hits and then a storm of about a hundred of em within a second or two, good for a "oh hoot! what just happened!?" effect. Which my brothers seem to like asking "what just happened?" better than "what is going on?". I'll post some vids when i get a good explosion working on it.

It looks pretty cool right now with a dense cloud of smoke and flashes of light randomly popping up here and there, the whistling of incoming shells and the shock sounds of explosions and debris. ATM it's a little too taxing on the video though :P

ScarleTomato

does anyone know how to get rid of the bounce sound for a splinter mortar? I tried bounceSound = "" under [SprayBombClass] with no luck

mrtwosheds

Some things have a default sound they use, use the silent.wav to shut them up

ScarleTomato

understood, but what is the ODF key to change the sound? bounceSound doesn't seem to work for popper spraybomb, my bad

S.cavA.rmyG.en

[OrdnanceClass]
isArcing = true
classLabel = "spraybomb"
shotGeometry = NULL
shotSound = "silence.wav"
xplGround = NULL
xplVehicle = NULL
xplBuilding = NULL

think thats what you want there.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

Clavin12

Imagine a mortar that lays a mine that launches a mortar that lays a mine and so on for about five repeats until the mortar is about halfway across the map.
C l a v i n 1 2

mrtwosheds

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 24, 2009, 06:25:27 AM
Imagine a mortar that lays a mine that launches a mortar that lays a mine and so on for about five repeats until the mortar is about halfway across the map.

Been done with a slow firing mortar to make a jumping mine.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Poppers have to have something targetted to generate the ordnance.

You can adjust many values with the spray bomb, which is why i ALWAYS use them over bounce bomb (curiously, certain things were not carried over).

[SprayBombClass]
bounceRatio = 0.9
BuildSprayOnHit = false
HitExplodeTypes = 4
payloadName = NULL

[SprayBombClass]
payloadName = "tagca_a2"
SoundBounce = "" //use THIS rather than silence.wav, as silence.wav STILL uses a sound channel.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

ScarleTomato

SoundBounce! thank you. I knew someone would eventually know what i'm talking about :P
I agree on the "" instead of "silence.wav" especially since theres about a hundred of them, and they all make a screaming impact sound.

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 24, 2009, 06:25:27 AM
Something like this?

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

ScarleTomato

the bugs I've got somewhere, ill have to put them up. The capture shield i don't think i have anymore but it was just a magnet mine where i played around with some of the values.

stu.cbu.edu/~myarbrou/bug.zip