• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Could someone please explain about pre-save options in 3DEX?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, December 24, 2009, 01:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I've been testing COB model files for conversion to XSI using version 1.5.5. exporter. The models appear pointed downward when converted from COB to XSI; the same is true when the model spawns in BZII. 3DEX, has an option panel where transformations can be manaully set prior to converting between formats. I enabled one setting to rotate the X axis 90 degrees to correct for the XSI exporter outputing the model pointing downward by default. The resulting model looks fine in 3DEX, but in game...boy does the model look totally wierd. All the parts are pointing ever which way rather then all being oriented properly. The default XSI models look fine in game except that they point downward, but when I apply a presave option to rotate the model X parameter 90 degree every model part is pointed in many different directions. Does that mean that every part of the model needs the X plane set to 90 degrees? Tanks are cool...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

As you can see from this screen grab the model looks distorted yet the weapon hardpoints are all there, functional, and appear to fire in the forward direction as well. The model was saved as a COB ASCII text file. In 3DEX 1.5.5 the model appears fine, but when I save it as XSI the model appears on it's nose afterwords. It seems to fly well and the eyepoint looks straight ahead when I fly the thing. When I apply a presave transformation in 1.5.5 the the model geometry goes to hell quite literally. Any ueful suggestions would certainly earn my most esteemed respect and admiration...what I'm asking is Rudolf with your nose so bright won't you guide my sleigh tonite...sincerely Santa Claus.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

mrtwosheds

QuoteThe default XSI models look fine in game except that they point downward,
Build them pointing up.
As I tried to explain before transforms are less than helpful when putting model into bz2. LOD models ignore them and animations alter them.
Build your units orientated so that they come out in bz2 the right way up.

This is all about the actual numbers that define the mesh, trying find a way to have the wrong numbers (using a transform) is asking for problems.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Hmm, the hp's are getting an an extra frame added called axis1-whatever for each hp which essentially are flat 2 sided triangles. Maybe I'll remake them in TS into 3 sided triangles and resave as COB again...OMG my head is spinning, but here goes nutin' honey! Roger that MTS will try that next.