• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 v1.3 Public Beta 1 Released

Started by GSH, February 28, 2004, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingedToad

:shock:  wow, after reading that change log Im amazed that GSH and those responsible had the patience to do this with all the whinning people did, how ever I am greatly thankful for the charitable deed  :-D  :-D

Kalpa

Wwwwhoooaa... errm. It's like the day I've been sort of waiting for  :shock:

Thank you guys. Haven't tried this one yet, only downloading yet, and the changelist looks pretty good and sniff... all the stuff.

Once more, thank you. It's probably been a hell for you listening to our whining about 1.3 taking so damn long, but it seems you're actually going to finish it and, well, thanks. What else can I say? Damn fine job :)

Marzipan2u

Well this is good news, dl'ing it now.  I was ready for a break from BF1942 about now anyway hehe.

Mikeyman

Alright! It's here!

Downloading now.

Fire Eyes

Well, looks like I'm going to reinstall BZ2, now that 1.3 is out. Whoo hoo! Excellent timing, Nathan!

Ninja

Just checking back here for the first time in ages...

I think i may just install BZ2 again.... Looking good guys.

Bonta

I've also reinstalled BZ2 once again and am eagerly awaiting any and all updates.

Red Devil

Big mistake, Bonta. "All ye who enter here prepare to give up all hope of ever having a life."  There are so many great mods available and on the way now, you won't have time for anything else.

First thing you need to do is decide which camp you want to join: 1.2 or 1.3.

(Beware the dark side...use the Force Bonta!)

[steps back into the shadows]
What box???

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Ahh well Bonta. I am a little more hopefull that there is a better way out of this mess.

Welcome to BZII!

I suggest that you go to www.bz2cp.com ...IMO the best mod for BZII (1.2) there is.

Bonta

BZ2CP looks very hot. They should be able to release a small update so that it will work on 1.3.

Its just plain irritating that there are so few games out there that combine FPS and RTS in a 3D environment. The only other one I can think of at the moment is Sacrifice.

OvermindDL1

It will not be such an easy patch.  The shells need to be radically changed.  Some ODF changes need to be made, and a whole host of single-player map and dll changes need to be made.  And they shall not do that till 1.3 is final.

Tempest Storm

"The shells need to be radically changed."

Actually changing the FE shells, and adding a few 1.3ized improvements would probably be in the 20 minutes at most range of time... not that horrible.

Commando

The shells would need to be updated.  The statchel charge doesn't work in FE so it will need to be replaced by the 1.3 statchel charge.  Something about the weapon clearing code caused the statchel charge to break, fortunately GreenHeart was able to fix it with a hack.  The Cerberi shields will also need to be fixed.  I think all explosions will need to be fixed, especially for the power generators on the first level, there may be a lot more that need fixed too.  There are quite a few things that need to be addressed.  I don't know if the mission scripts need to be fixed, but updating them couldn't hurt.

I just remembered that the Cerberi walker, the Drath, is completely messed up in 1.3.  Avatar said he fixed it, but I don't think the fix has been released to the public yet.

Tempest Storm

On the walkers:

On work with BZRAP. Unfortunate as it is, ANY walker that isn't stock is busted...

Angstromicus

One more big bug I noticed is that when you save a map, with units using custom weapons, and you go back to it, they have STOCK weapons again!