• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

why r u deleting post???

Started by FRYIN_PAN, February 29, 2004, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRYIN_PAN

WHY are u deleting post here some of the post are dissapearing mysteriously why would you do this they r on topic of the 1.3 beta??????? :cry:

CmptrWz

I will let this thread stay as you created a new topic. I will note that I have been deleting posts in threads that are asking why posts were missing. It could be because the moderator felt they didn't belong in the thread. It could be because they were flaming. It could be any number of things. I don't know aside from the few I have deleted myself, usually PMing the person that made them.

General idea: If you want your post to stick around, keep it on topic and constructive.

FRYIN_PAN

ok then why was appel's post deleted i dont understand he was giving his view on the 1.3 patch isnt this the place to do it???? he jst stated goodbye to 1.3 he didnt want it and i made a reply that it his choice he can stay at 1.2 like other might an its just a split in the community

CmptrWz

Myself and two moderators had a quick discussion and decided that it was too close to a flame thread.

CaptPicard

They are deleting posts that do not go in favor of 1.3, very childish if you ask me... Isn't everybody allowed an opinion???

[EDITED OUT]

I expect this post to be deleted by the time I wake up... lol

[EDIT - Nope, just edited to remove your color tags and the blatant off-topic stuff]

appel

This is abuse of the worst kind. 1.3 secret police? STASI? KGB? Why don't you guys just shoot us all?

CmptrWz

I am deleting any post that is made solely to voice the opinion that you don't like 1.3. No matter where on the boards you make it. PERIOD.

Give a good reason(other then hovering being removed, which isn't a good reason and is currently flaming IMHO) and the post will not be removed by me. Unless it is seriously off-topic. Then I might remove it if I am too lazy to split it off into a new thread.

Appel, your recent post in this thread was deleted for the above reason.

CaptPicard

So we can not say that we are not going to play 1.3 until you do something about the physics of the ships ???

Is that rite ?

CmptrWz

90% of the people saying that really mean "We want to be able to hover", which was considered a bug and was squashed. Slightly sluggish ships is a valid complaint and may be entered in as such. Hovering is a bug that is gone now and may not be asked for again.

Major_Tom will be banned as soon as I get to the administrative panel.

Dirty Rooster

WHO deleted appel's post??
He is a respected and reasonable member of the BzII online
gaming community. (No not the 'community boards')

We should know WHO deleted his post...

*sigh*

The point of this beta IS to TEST 1.3.

If you don't want to play it until the ship physics are changed then goodbye...  see you...  asta lavista...  don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...  write when you get work...  

:)

Obviously it's important to get everyone's opinion.

However, once you've given your opinion either put up or shut up.  Either test and report or go away.  Don't just sit here and repeat over and over that you think 'something sucks'.  We've heard it, we get it, we understand it, now either get on with testing 1.3 or go back to 1.2.

Your choice.

-Av-

CaptPicard

I saw that post that you are banning Major Tom for and I cant believe what you are like, he was simple pointing out that you are being unreasonable not letting us express out thoughts.

appel

This isn't JUST about the hovering. This is how you guys are treating us! Detleting posts, editing them, banning users that are simply expressing their concerns about the 1.3 patch. I'm sorry to say, but you have gone too far.

Lizard

whooo  wiz while I don't agree with these people and find their attitude to the patch a littlre narrow minded , they are still entitled to a voice here and I feel moderation of this forum has been a little over zealous and heavy handed .

If we carry on in this manner we risk alienating a large portion of the game's players .

whilst there is no possibility of hovering being reintroduced in 1.3 continued dialogue with those opposed to this move may be able to achieve some kind of compromise that we can all live with , if we just go stamping all over everyone elses opinions we'll split this community for sure .

I think it's time all sides involved took a deep breath and take some time to consider this issue .

CmptrWz

Depending on the post I may be able to tell you who deleted it.

If it was in this thread, chances are it was me for reasons I have stated.

If it was in other threads, depends on the thread. If it was his own thread, it was for reasons listed above but not by me.

BTW, I won't tell anyone anything more then if I or someone else deleted it.