• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experiment Recycler Variant

Started by GreenHeart, March 01, 2004, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenHeart

File Link Remove: Closing Experiment Recycler Variant for now...

Some People reporting that the hover units are either slugish or need to be balanced. With the help of the Battlezone Community we would like to experiment with changing the balance for the hover units.

In this Experiment we jhave changed  3 values that DeadScion
Recommend: velocStrafe, accelThrust, acceljump

We would like FeedBack from everyone & if your afraid of your post getting edited or removed please feel free to send a PM to GreenHeart so that
those who are doing the Tweaks can hear what asset tweaks we need to make. Even though Hovering was a bug & won't be changed by the Developers. We can still try to do some asset tweaks to balance things out so that they are somewhat better for us all.

Edit: Added Experiment Recycler Variant to MPI Recycler Listing....
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

aougli

That file should be unzipped to the BZ2 1.3 root and is compatible with stock 1.3?  No seperate installation required, and everything else is the same?

TimeVirus

I dont understand why a recycler is needed. Why not have a map simply spawn some of your ships? Testing is time consuming enough with having to set up a base too.

GreenHeart

Quote from: aougliThat file should be unzipped to the BZ2 1.3 root and is compatible with stock 1.3?  No seperate installation required, and everything else is the same?

No seperate installation required, this shouldn't cause bad assets..
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Red Devil

LOL, that certainly was good timing, GreenHeart!  Love it.

See guys?

Downloading now.
What box???

aougli

thanks for the reply.

Something else I should have asked: does everyone in the session need that zip file or just the server?

Aegeis

The way it works, you select the recycler variant and any person who does not have that file will be unable to join the game as the game will recognize they don't have important files and will disable the enter game button on their screen.

Quote from: TimeVirusI dont understand why a recycler is needed. Why not have a map simply spawn some of your ships? Testing is time consuming enough with having to set up a base too.

Did nobody see this?

:)

This is the perfect idea for initial 'feel of it' testing, as the map could be built to concentrate on the aspects being tested.  A few ramps, some cliffs, a race course maybe, with respawning ships and an arena for dogfighting...  

Make it a DM map so people can come and go when they want, grab a ship and take a quick spin.

-Av-

aougli

Sure I saw that.  But I can unzip a file, though not make a map, especially with fancy settings.   :D

Zero Angel

Just use ST:Mars and put some spawns there. Lots of terrain to use to your advantage there.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

I've got a Quarry map going now with the test Scout.  I like how they feel.  Of course you can't hover in it, but it feels good.  I've tried the default and the one built by the Rec.
What box???

deadscion

my first test was great, I think this is one the right track.

Strafing and jumps are pretty close. Forward motion is still a little stiff.

I think if accelthrust, top speed were increase just a hair more this will do nicely atleast in the ISDF scouts.

Also pitchtrust  increased .01 more would give it a better feel.

I am curious to know what others have to say, I am only one player.

Were any other vehicles changed?

Zero Angel

I liked it, but needs some serious strat testing to see if its warpy in that environment.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

aougli

I thought it was better than stock 1.3.  Forgot to test reverse .

This was with GamePrefs at default.

Commando

DeadScion I changed the Sabre, the ISDF Scout, and the missile scout by applying the changes you requested.  I also applied those same changes to the scion scout and the scion sentry.

Does everyone else think the scout should be a little faster?  If so, how much sounds good?  I'll update the odfs then I'll send them to GreenHeart so they can be uploaded.