• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Proposed Change List

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, May 12, 2004, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Why on earth would it be useable again?  First of all if you want to readd it to the slot it was before, what if the slot is now full of trucks instead of tanks now, a little problem.  Also I see a slight flaw in some of your examples.  First of all, the player is not actually an object.  The player is a specific viewpoint which is attached to a unit, basically just another form of the ship's internal AI.  Saving the entire dll state to use elsewhere is also very simple, it already contains commands to do that.  And there is a GetFreeGroup type function, it will return the int of the first empty group.  Issueing custom commands, already very simple to do, I already do it in a number of dll's I have made for people.  I still see no reason why we would need such a function.  Everything you have stated is quite doable except for putting units back where they used to be, which I still see as a problem in and of itself, as groups tend to switch around.  And unit switching is possible and does not at all need such a function to determine group numbers, and yet you are making it out to sound like it requires it which it does not at all do.

Juvat

Suggestion

Can we have an option on how the game ends at the moment its when the Recyler dies sometimes the Factory. how about when every last peice of the enemy is gone.

I kinda always feel cheated after battling away in MPI then you accendetally kill the Recyler ( always try to leave it to last ). I get extreme pleasure from going around and murdering everything on the enemies base ( hoot I need to see a shrink )

Cheers

OvermindDL1

That is done by the map's dll, not BZ2.  If you want to change it, recompile the DLL to do whatever you please.

Mothers Helper

:-)
Hey -

Kinda late with this comment, but APC's earlier post about moving a Scion Spire before constructing it, so that the lung points towards the center of a set of other spires, for protection,  is an interesting idea - in other words, it had never occured to be befoire (lol).  I'll have to give it a try.

Mother's Helper

spAce

Does that "switch servers" work in 1.3 ?
If not, could it be removed or fixed ?

APCs r evil

I'm not sure how much I can say but uhh; yes and no.

Spawn

it has worked, but then you cant join team two for some reason...

Angstromicus

It's been a while since I've read this topic.

I have a suggestion. Improved graphics.

Isn't BZII based on DirectX 6.0? DirectX 9.0 is out now. Could BZII be updated to a higher level of graphics without a huge hassle?

Also, as far as graphics, perhaps more options for effects.

Finally, fix the "see though" bug. Almost everything, terrain, and most objects, and be seen though just bearly if you look closely.

Commando

Unfortunately updating the graphics to Direct X 9 would require a complete rewrite of the graphics code.  From what I have been told, bz2's graphic code is a mess and extensive compatibility testing would need to be done.

Too much work would be needed to make this an option at this time.  The replacement sound code took months of testing and bug fixing to get to a stable point.  I'm sure the graphics code would require a lot more work than the audio code did.