• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Requests for Extra Modding Control

Started by Commando, June 30, 2004, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

I thought I would create this thread for those that would love new features being moddable.  Hemp had the good one of separating Heat seeking rockets from Vision Locking Rockets so the Phantom VIR wouldn't prevent the heat rockets from locking on to ships.  Post your suggestions.  If there are enough good suggestions, I may sticky this thread that way it gets attention.  Hopefully the easiest fixes will be added.  Fee free to add anything you can think of, there is no guarantee that your requests will be added, and there is no guarantee that anything will be added.  It is worth a try bringing up all of the suggestions related to modding.  Please keep the suggestions modding based.  I think there is a broader wishlist thread already, so I decided to create one aimed at modding and modders.

QuoteI would personally love to see a hold or deploy command for soldier class.  That way, you can have soldiers loaded with pulse cannons, you can tell them to deploy so they would use their sniper rifles.  They would basically become slowly rotating sniper turrets while holding.
QuoteAnother wish. The ability to specify what the ai targets on the ship. For examples snipers. The ability to tell them to aim at the hp_eye point instead of the hp_com point would be great. This would probably be best placed under the ai type. This may be too hard to implement, but it would make ai snipers a little more effective.
QuoteI would also love to see a switch weapon command for every unit available. For example the rocket tank. If a human player uses VIR on an ai Rocket Tank, the owner could select that RT and tell it to switch weapons. That way it would attack the human piloted unit with Salvo instead of Shadower, because the shadowers won't lock, but the salvo will fire because it is a cluster of dumb rockets.
QuoteThe ability to move the hp_vehicle hardpoint for the recycler and factory would be great when certain units are built.  For example, moving the hp_vehicle hardpoint when the bomber or apcs are built.  That way those ships don't clip through the Factory mesh because they ascend before moving.  Due to their current build location, they raise up and clip through the arch on the factory.  Half of the body makes it through the space while the other half of the ships clip through the structure.  If this is made possible, I'll gladly move the points for all of the factory odfs so the factories will take advantage of this feature.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

That was more of a 'bug' really. The ODF's state that it should work, but it doesnt. In BZI it worked. and i could bring on more and more evidence that has in other areas been good enough for a change.

Angstromicus

Bug: Fix the bug that causes unit to take major damage from weapon kick (Much greater than it should be), COMPLETELY, so that it would never happen.

Suggestion: Make all weapons effects visible from great distances, ex: draw_twirl_trail effects.

Zero Angel

Morphing is basically the same thing as crouching, deploying, or otherwise changing state, according to AI. It shouldnt be too hard to shoehorn the 'force morph'/'force unmorph' commands into that class, in fact, you could probably do that with all deployableClass units including aircraft. :)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Tempest Storm

Its fairly simple then, because adding the command into their command pannel is supposedly a 1,2,3 kind of process. (Atleast as far as i know)

When it comes to commands though, I'd like to have more customability with the command pannel, like the implemented CanRescue and CanHunt commands, would be cool to see commands like that for the rest of the commands you can give guys.

Angstromicus

YEAH COMMANDO! THANKYOU! YOU REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING I WANTED TO SUGGEST!!!!!1!1!1!!11!

I'm thinking about having more slotted structures/being able to have different slotted structures. If there wouldn't be enough room for those, just have a drop dowm menu that leads to a selection of those structures.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Well before we get off topic (and this community does not have a good reputation for keeping on topic  :s ), Lets focus ont he title of the thread.

It is '' request for extra modding control '' , not nessearily '' hey, lets do my idea ''. No matter how great or accurate or logical that idea is.

I think there should be great modding control on the areas that are stated. Asking for ''total modding control'' is very hard. But At least trying to leave as many things that *seem* to be useful for modding is good.

Angstromicus

Wouldn't it be possible for [ChargeGunClass] weapons to have a charge glow for each of their charge stages?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

So as you charge up the mag, a ball of energy would ap....STOP! Stop suggesting NEW suggestions. Make another thread called

(minor suggestion) Weapon Charge Glow

Despite that being a really damned good idea.....its not for THIS topic. This topic is about requesting for MORE MODDING CONTROL. Not nessearily '' My idea ''.

Commando

Many mods don't look as good as they could in multiworld because animations for certain things don't play.  Fishbone can provide some exact examples for his dune command mod.  I think one of his harvesters is suppose to spawn, but while it is spawning, there is suppose to be an animation.  The animation failes to play while multiworld is on.  Fishbone will know the specifics.

Fishbone

it is not that it always fails to play.
It fails to play if fps go below a certain threshold, I think it is around 50 fps.
It sometimes is only a matter of turning your head a little bit away from the base and you can see the animation while you cannot see it when you are looking right at it.
it would be nice if you could force the engine to render certain animations.

Commando

Fishbone that sounds similar to the green selection square disappearing when you aren't looking straight at a selected recycler builidng.  If most of it is in the corner of your screen, the green square completely disappears, even though a good 20% of the building is still visible.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

So we agree that it would be very nice if there was more modding control?

Commando

I agree the more modding control would be great.  Everything I posted so far, even the ones that don't sound modding related, will give modders more control.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

It would be nice if one could create scavenger class vechiles which were hovering and did not deploy on pools (BZI style).