• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Requests for Extra Modding Control

Started by Commando, June 30, 2004, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

hey there, I've got a suggestion for a new ODF switch. Something like
isThreat = 0
for stuff like the tech center and such. I was playing FE 3 ways and after killing off the ISDF recy and factory, i put some turrets around the base pools and they wound up using all their ammo on the power, servicebay, and the techcntr. I have no idea if it could be implemented this late in the development though. :s

On the visualHp stuff, I can't seem to get it to work, which unit uses it in ZTV? I can take a look at that.

Spawn

that would handled via aip's/dll

Zero Angel

targetPriority = ## would be a better one. Have the default at 5 or something for buildings and 10 for vehicles/defenses. That would allow for greater variability.

visualHP works only when the weapon has a geometry assigned to it. Look at the pilot and pilot weapon ODFs to see the examples.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

ScarleTomato

oh you mean like the jetpack or the satchel? hmm, I can't check it out right now 'cause I'm at work, but is there a way to make this visual HP shoot on its own terms? I've edited a map where you fight the ISDF and there is a carrier hovering about 200 meters over their base, and would love to see it have some heavy kinetic turrets on it.  :twisted: I was gonna make it a building but if I can I'm gonna make it attack in the later AIP, and Dlls are still foreign to me :s

Ooh yeah target priority that'd be nice, (especially for scavengers distracting GTs) and have it so if the target priority is 0 then they dont attack unless you tell them to (so you have the choice to demolish it later.)

Hey on that note (now this i really don't think will happen) you could set tactics on your units ingame like homeworld. Aggressive=They attack anything in radar range, Neutral=pretty much what they are now, and Passive=they like to dodge and come back to the repair bay alot :-D

Zero Angel

No, all that visualHp does is display a model of the weapon. There is no way to get weapons to shoot on their own terms, unless you make a guntower tap, but that will only work on buildings.

1.3pb has a 'hunt' command that you could set up in the units and DLL script. I imagine you could also have that command to put the AI into 'alert' state with the radar ranges, or into a 'passive' state.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

ScarleTomato

the hunt command works in 1.3? awesome! I saw it while I was exploring Bzone.exe in notepad looking for minelaying stuff. I couldn't get hunt to work though. Have you a hunting vehicle I could look at? Oh wait, there needs to be some Dll scripting to make it work? Hmm maybe i need to go ahead and try my hand at dlling...

Ok, well I'll just keep the carrier as a building then. It's still pretty neat to see such a massive structure hovering just hundreds of feet above you :)

Spawn

hunt doesnt do anything, but you can use it to trigger things via dll
minelayer is broken except for later versions of 1.3