• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multiworld Frequency

Started by Ace1, July 28, 2004, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigger

merry xmas to yu0 and yu0r dad.

Zanting

lol merry christmas, oh that was 1 month ago lol...

I use mwf10 now, but if it gets laggy I just swap through mwf's until I find a good one to play on. Apparently on Mwf10 GEL dont warp but then they appear to almost change to mwf1, but geez enough of this "lag" crap, no matter if its laggy or not, it depends on how fast you react, indeed?

Zero Angel

Here's my thoughts. I'm not going to try to pass these off as absolute facts, but here goes...

MWF 10 is a good training for the lower MWFs. It causes you to look at approximate positions, instead of relying totally on absolute positions. I think that when you put too much faith in the absolute position of the player, it is a great shock when that is not really where they are, as what would happen if a packet is suddenly dropped or doesnt get through fast enough.

I played on MW10 for several months and never got a single complaint about warpiness. Therefore I dont see how it causes warp.

Typically those who play on lower end machines may use MWF10 so that the CPU is not so bogged down (low FPS *really* hurts your ability to dogfight), but if their CPU is already having trouble handling BZ2s graphics, then warp will appear anyways.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Zanting

Quote from: Zero Angel(low FPS *really* hurts your ability to dogfight), but if their CPU is already having trouble handling BZ2s graphics, then warp will appear anyways.

ZA, my FPS is "6" in strats, lol I run on a 400mhz, sometimes put the graphics to high for abit in DM's since bz2 is awesome on full. lol ppl say I suck when I cant move because my mouse locks up...

lol really, bz1 was a much better place, 0 warp, no bs about changing your mwf, just skill & fun.

Bull Dog

Your main computer is a 400mhz CPU?  If so get life, you could upgrade to something usable for a very small pile of cash.

Big_Kenny

What happened in here, did the refrigerator throw up?

GAWD modern cartoons suck.

DarkFox

GAWD modern cartoons suck.???

Samurai Jack?

Big_Kenny

Now THAT is frightning, you know what show that is......gimme WB cartoons anyday

The Master of Disaster

Lol, completely off topic.
For the entire time I had 1.2 I had no idea how to change the MWF, lag was annoying but for the most part I had none unless somebody else was whining about it too.

Axeminister

As a host for MPI games I usually change my mwf setting to 5 in a game patched to 1.3. Now that evryone has agreed to 4, then I will do it also, even though most of you are only concerned with strat games.But how would I control that in a 1.2 game? I don't see where you can change it in the game.
 I also would like to know how to get back to windows when a 1.2 game locks up. I've tried everything and always have to powergig(turn off) my pc, which makes me sick each time. I have a P4 2.53, 1024ram, 128ATI Radeon running on XP and don't want to @%$& it up.
Axeminister
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Spawn

in 1.2 there is no control unless you have bzens or bzerc.  there were some strat maps that were locked at mwf4 a while ago.  also there is no way for the host to control what mwf a client is at.  Either get a utility, or type multiworld.frequency=4 into the console

Gummo.nz

GPU stands for Gosudarstvennoye Politicheskoye Upravlenie.  They tend to get blamed for everything.
Info here: http://www.answers.com/topic/state-political-directorate

[edit]Just trying out the edit reason.[/edit]

Angelwing

Gah, you had to do it didn't you

Nice bump SQUIRREL

squirrelof09

thank you ANGELWING
yes, sure did have to do it.
didnt want to make another topic asking what GPU stands for.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

ScarleTomato