• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multiworld Frequency

Started by Ace1, July 28, 2004, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

{Xb}FireBlade

I've always had it MWF=1
But if everyone could use 4
Hey I could go with that :-D

*GEL*Avenger

PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING DARKFOX SAYS

:-D Just for fun, I had someone run a game at mwf200...The outcome was the warpest game ever, and our computers ended up freezing and didn't get to finish the game.

Keep in mind, if you are on dial up, you want to pick a higher number...4 might be great.

Red Spot

probably a bit late here ...

but where do I find this MWF, can I alter it in a specific game-file or is it command line only ??

(the links on page1 are all dead ..)

G
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Spawn

In 1.3 is is a setting in the shell pregame, the host specifies it.  In 1.2 you can modify it by using the commandline, or use the console (press ctrl and ~) multiworld.frequency=X with x being what you want it to be.  If you get bznes (shell mod) for 1.2 then it is modifyable via the pregame shell, and I think that bzerc has an option that appears ingame.

lucky_foot

Okay,

while this topic is still alive, I want to throw this out. :)

My brother has trouble sniping a unit because he hits it, the unit dies, but comes back to life again and hunts him down. It's like the multiworld refreshes and decides that unit wasn't sniped. Can altering the Multiworld frequency solve this problem? If so, what number would be good?
Jonathan S.

Red Spot

that wont solve it, at least, I didnt know about MWF before yesterday and have been using it since, but "some" MP games still are laggy and have these problems (I think this only has a "good" effect in non-laggy games and wont help much if the actuall game is laggy)

(like fighting a few scouts to kill them and than "flick" and you find yourself walking .... with MWF set to 2 and/or 4)

G
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

lucky_foot

Well,

We're on LAN so we don't have alot of lag. The ships don't warp any more and the Sniper is the only problem. :)
Jonathan S.

Spawn

Lowering it could help, especially if you jsut left it at ten.

lucky_foot

We have trouble at 10, but I'll try lowering it and see what happens from that point. :)

Jonathan S.

Risa

I just want to make a small addition to the first page, where Nok and all say that bz2 doesn't use a lot of the GPU. That is correct, however, visibility range is handled by the GPU, and having a good GFX card makes for quite a difference in framerate if you use higher visibility range.

I'm running the same PC now, and whenever I set vis range to 1000 (for making maps, for example, really useful) it framerate dropped massively. Now that I've put a (relatively) new card in it, bz2 suddenly runs as smooth as a baby's butt, when at 1000 range.

Dunno, thought I could look interesting for once too :-D Man... been ages since I last logged into this account!