• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

bug (medium)

Started by Spawn, November 05, 2004, 08:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spawn

ok, i was in a walker, being hit with emp stream so i couldnt do anything, i died from spires and DIDNT bail out of walker.  i got fixme:user team three nt found, then i was booted out of game.  stupid emp...

Commando

Good catch.  This will have to be tested to make sure it wasn't a one time thing.

Commando

Spawn, I sent a modified map demonstrating the bug you brought up.  I gave you full credit in the e-mail for finding the bug.  Hopefully it will get addressed.  I'm sure it will.  I consider this more of a major bug because it definately makes the emp too powerful, if you can use it to kick a player.

APCs r evil

Quote from: Spawnstupid emp...

Stupid Walker carousing around my base blasting everything including my poor innocent Acid Cloud Archer, who did it ever hurt.. besides the masses of Mortar Bikes and Tanks...  :cry:

Oh one more bug with EMP Stream, when you are hitting another player with it you will SEE their weapons fire but they won't actually fire, very intimidating if you are EMP Streaming a Walker's face.

Spawn

well, i did get off a few shots.

APCs r evil

Another big bug, (But not as big as the one posted above.) if you use EMP Stream on a constructor while it is building, demolishing, or upgrading something, it will stop the constructor from doing anything else all it will do is go though it's animations, stopping using EMP Stream on it in mid-build does not appear to let the constructor go back to do what it was doing, and as far as I can tell the constructor is broken forever. The, "Follow Me" and, "Go To" commands didn't do anything.

Aegeis

umm, this emp killing ppl thing has been around for ages, just pointing that out...

Commando

I'm sure it has, since emp hasn't been touched for a long time in 1.3 develompent.  I'm glad Spawn posted about it, because I never knew of its existence until now.  That doesn't mean it wasn't around.  I'm sure it has been around for a very long time.

Commando

By the way, good catch APCs r evil.  I'm glad you noticed this because I never did.  Never messed with emp so I had no idea it had so many issues until now.  Hopefully this is the last, I wonder how it affects deploying recyclers, anyways good catch.  I sent a map and save game to demonstrate the bug so it will hopefully get delt with.  I gave you proper credit in the e-mail for reporting the bug.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I think it is rather important thart this gets fixed.

also, could someone please change the sound affect for emp stream, i don't know why on earth it got changed to that very irritating pulse-stab sound, esp when the 1.2 one was spot on.

PhoeniX-FlamE

wb jwk, where you been??

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

this be a public computer, my home internet is currently broken sadly.

Spawn

that sucks, hopefully itll work soon again.