• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Bug) Jumpy Bots

Started by Wingflier, November 09, 2004, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingflier

First of All I'd like to say that I love 1.3. :lol:
I love it, it makes BZ2 much more like BZ1.  (Which was a good game)
Anyways...Good Job.
I also want to congratulate you on fixing the lag problem of humans in this game.  
Unlike in patch 1.2, it seems that the human controlled ships don't jump at all, not to mention the fact that the turrets are gosu (and I haven't even tried level 3 turrets yet :P)  
Now I'll get to the point.
At least on my servers (which should be smooth)
The bots seem pretty jumpy.(as in laggy jumpy)
I don't understand how you made the humans almost 'jumpless', but the bots, whose movements can be predicted are jumpy?
Please fix this as I believe it would make Deathmatches much more enjoyable. (Because of the fact that when you fight a bot it is not as obvious by the jumping, that it is a bot.)
Thanks for v1.3!!
Adam :D

Red Devil

That's been addressed in the more recent builds.  :-)
What box???

Spawn

when in 1.3 are humans non warpy?

APCs r evil

Believe it or not but I ran across a dial-up player that barely warped at all, I've seen people with DSL and Cable that would warp from in front of me to behind me, but this dial-up guy didnt even warp enough to dodge a full blast from my Arc Cannon.  :shock:

Zero Angel

I've noticed excessive warp in some 1.3 games, but in most, its plays *real* smooth, especially compared to how 1.2 warp seems to be worse these days.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

PhoeniX-FlamE

I couldnt even see other humans because they were ALL over, as if the minimum ping on server was 1000 and 5 more players - ALL OVER

Quotenot to mention the fact that the turrets are gosu (and I haven't even tried level 3 turrets yet )
ZST turrets + gts are better in ZST which is a 1.2 mod - or more accurate - a map pack

OvermindDL1

I only play with peeps with less then 40ms ping, always works a charm then...