• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

NAT and BZ2 1.3

Started by Michael, December 04, 2005, 07:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I discovered last night that 2 people on the same network cannot enter the same public game.
In 1.2 I know that if you both press join game at the EXACT time that both could join and there would be no problems.

However in 1.3, both can JOIN the game, but both cannot ENTER the game, apparently both will lag out of the game before it even starts.

Is there anyway to change it back to 1.2 style network so that both will be able to enter the game? Otherwise, 1.3 will be short lived among family and friends.

Commando

NAT has never worked for me in 1.2.  I would always get disconnected if someone on the same network joned the game.

Angelwing

If one of the two are the game host, then it'l work (and be far less laggy, as one of the connections will be over the LAN)

DarkFox

Both joining at *exactly* the same time works fine too. We've done it loads among uscm members, often joining aougli's FE games together from the same house, even though aougli lives in another house miles away.

Michael

Joining at the exact same time used to work for me in 1.2, but it does not work at all in 1.3. As soon as we try to enter the game we are kicked out of the game. We can make it into the shell fine, but not into the game. I have heard this is a common occurance, so could someone just check it out please?

Sonic

Just to let you know, I just did some testing with a friend with me having two PCs behind a NAT connecting to him.  We were able to join fine, at diffrent times, and launch the game fine.  So it could just be your NAT is doing something weird.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Axx0

I've had no such problems this far.