• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mission 10

Started by Der Vampyr Engel, December 13, 2005, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Vampyr Engel

I think this is the right mission where you get a recycler and a turret, you get your drop ship shot down and you have to set up a base near a massive Scion base.

A lot of people (including me ) had quite a bad time with it well I have a solution give the player a squad of Sabre tanks and add another turret and providing you are quick and can set upi the Recycler quickly to build a base you should find that the tanks can take care of any incoming Scion squads, build quick though and get your gun towers up quick.

Well what I am suggesting in the final official 1.3 patch( if there is one) is that minor change to the mission, I don't think it needs more than that though I shall have to test it more but that should be enough for most players 8-)

ScarleTomato

You referring to the one where you have to navigate your recy past the ice? this is my favorite!

I usually take out the scion base before I get the recy.

Best part about this mission is that you get a satchel charge.

Angelwing

I didn't find that mission particually difficult, navigating past the ice was the hardest part but after that it's relatively easy. I don't think it needs to be made any easier...

Venom

The first time i played that mission i found it very hard.  I couldnt keep up with navigating the recycler and defending from waves of warriors and lancers.  I got bored after a while and started strapping satchel charges to the ice rhinos....  :lol:

(I did later finish it)

Der Vampyr Engel

Well actually I didn't go into the Scion base and blow it up but if that is the way to do it I mean don't the Scion units actually attak you or anything? they just let you walk into the base and blow it up?

Seems if anything it needs to be made a little harder then,you just get a squad to take care of the Scion rush I can set up the base or fight not both at the same time and especailly with the Scion rush with this patch, the 1.2 version wasn't so bad but this is mad a little, still if anyone goes to the Scion base to blow up the recycler and Forge I think there should be more than enough units to make sure that dosen't happen, I may start doing that in future, take out the Scion base before setting up the Rec

BZZERKER

DVE, I believe that mission (and a few others) have already been fixed a while ago in the private beta. If I find some time this week I'll check to make sure.  The way that ST mentioned is not the proper "scripted" way to handle the mission and I believe he does it without the help of any AI.

Not sure why your bringing this up again though?

ScarleTomato

heheh, no, no ai help you just keep sniping scouts and use em for suicide bombing runs. in 1.2 and 1.3 public the ai won't start attacking your recy until it's under your command.

The real reason you have satchel charges is to blow up the ice patches so the recy can navigate itself to the nav.

APCs r evil

Am I the only person that used the 3d radar to navigate the ice?

Spawn

i just looked at the ground...

and this mission should be much easier, the difficulty was because the idel disbatcher sends all the units at once, which should be fixed

squirrelof09

heh, i just shot the ice till it died... worked for me :)
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

ScarleTomato

psh, that wastes precious ammo to defend the recy!

BZZERKER

Heh heh, I shoot a few minigun rounds at the poor Ice Rhino's and make them follow me until the ice breaks. :-D

deadscion

I navigate the ice just fine using the radar.

By the time the first attack happens I am in a position to send the rec to a small spot of safe land while I take out the attackers.

Then I continue on to the main Nav becon to setup a base.

Took me several trys to figure out the best way to do this but, still.

The radar shows the ridge the rec can drive on just fine.

You just have to tell him to follow you, but wait at all the sharp corners so the dumb AI does not try to cut the corners and fall in.

Anytime you ask AI to follow you they will literally do just that and make a beeline right towards you unless there is an obstacle in the way.

at the last of the ice travel there is one corner of thin ice to travel accross and you have to keep the Rec as close to the land edge as possible for a bit then you are home free.

Guess what?? no cheat codes needed :-D :-D

squirrelof09

i cheated , which is not something i do  much...
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Angelwing

I got the Ice Rhinos to break the ice for me :grin: