• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mission 10

Started by Der Vampyr Engel, December 13, 2005, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

piece of candy for that 1.

lucky_foot

I did a mixture of the Ice Rhinos and the 3D radar. :)

When I first played the level and angered the Ice rhino I didn't expect it to fall through the ice so you should have seen the look on my face when it sunk. :D
Jonathan S.

Der Vampyr Engel

Sorry BZERKER I think I have to download the beta again as I have an old download thats why it came up again sorry ,and sorry for taking so long to reply

Besides the ice, as Spawn mentioned 1.3 sends ALL enemy units on the map to attack you several minutes into the game.  THIS is what a lot of people have trouble with...

I find that BZ tends to show me that I'm in a rut when it hands me my head.  By that I mean everyone has a pattern when they start building a base, and if you're losing while 'doing your thing' you need to rethink 'your thing'.  Like this:

I dropped the Recy, sent the Transport back a ways, and got killed by the wave of attackers.
I dropped the Recy, sent the Transport back a ways, shaved some time off of all this and got a PS up before getting killed...
I dropped the Recy, kept my Turret and Scout alive, shaved some more time off, and got a PS and COMM up before getting killed...
Eventually I actually bullied everything enough to get a precious GT up right as the attack wave was ripping us apart, and it did no good.  THAT made me rethink... as there was no way I'd do things any faster than that.

After that I dropped the Recy, kicked out two Scavs, and then proceeded to ring my Recy with Turrets.  You have plenty of time and scrap to make a LOT of Rats, and they took out the whole attack wave right nice while they were distracted with the Scavs!  It gets a little quiet for awhile after that, plenty of time to toss up GT's enough to handle the remaining attack waves.

Rethink...

-Av-

GSH

The aip for this mission was changed after pb1. Look in changelog above 62b.

-- GSH

Der Vampyr Engel

GENERAL MANSON*

so that makes it easier? that sucks i like the hard stuff. :). like tro. :-D

Red Devil

I'll upload a different pic later.
What box???

Spawn

thats 3 megs
save it as a jpeg or pgn

OvermindDL1

Png, yes, lossless (unlike jpeg), and it is very small for computer generated pics.

squirrelof09

What are the coordinates for the AIP debugger you got there?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

ScarleTomato

Agreed, all the units coming in at once was pretty intimidating. And it may be a little taxing for someone whose doing that mission for the first time. But its the rushes like that where they try to hit you while you're vulnerable that let you redeem the best victories.

Der Vampyr Engel

Actually that is the problem I have, its not so much the amount( although that can be a problem) its the fact you get an attack while you are setting up the Rec.

I was thinking though It would be quite realistic say you get to the set up base point you get every thing set up and rather the one or 2 or even the light hovertank rush, the Scions get their vehicles ready and you have a heavy attack and not just from the valley where the scavenger is but also from where the you brought the Recycler convoy on. You could have from that side Lancers,'Sentires, Warriors and Scouts and from the valley Maulers ad Titans The Titan's unless really given good directional  aip programming can't come from the Rec convoyside otherwise that would be good to make those units attack the base from random positions.

That would be a challenge, the player would be forced to build an iron base , if not then he could still easily lose his Rec and Factory and lose the game and with Maulers attacking his/her gun towers and from all sides he wouldhave to crank out units yet try to keep some to attack the Scion base.

And if there are enough Scion units they could make a real fight of it and where the dust off site is you could make another heavily fortified base nearby if you want to make Mission 10 a challenge :-D

Der Vampyr Engel

As a matter of fact I might try thiss out and see how it goes

Don't forget that the point of the SP mission arc is to relate a story AND prepare a new player for playing the game.  It's not meant to provide a challenge to an accomplished player.

That being said it would be interesting to have the SP missions redone along the lines of a challenge to existing players...  (well, don't go NATTY on us but it would be nice to have it a bit more realistic....)

-Av-