• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Bug Report (late)

Started by velocity7, December 31, 2005, 03:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacecomber

With regard to autoadjust graphics, I understand some of the complaints about this, but as someone who likes to keep a long MPI game going, I can also see the advantage of making sure that people in my game aren't pulling the game into a situation where the lag will kill it.  Autoadjust only affects multiplayer, unless you configure it to also work in single player.  You also can tweak all the settings so that it has less impact on your game, or at least affects the settings more in a manner that you would like, through the configuration file.  I guess I'm just saying that while it does mean giving up control over something that I'm use to being able to manage completely myself, I've found it is something that I can live with and even appreciate at times.

OvermindDL1

Chrome was not programmed in java, Chrome had the game logic programmed in java, just like Unreal has its logic programmed in UScript (that is slower then java).  Java is completely incapable of performing engine level calculations and still have it be quick.

I would love a framerate auto-adjust, would be wonderful.  I'd set it to 100, if you drop below that, set your auto-adjust better or get a better comp.  I rarely drop below 300, so should you'll. :P

I was kidding about the 100 if you cannot tell, not kidding about my average framerate though, that is at high quality, at low I can exceed a thousand.

Lizard

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on January 01, 2006, 01:43:57 PM
Chrome was not programmed in java, Chrome had the game logic programmed in java, just like Unreal has its logic programmed in UScript (that is slower then java).  Java is completely incapable of performing engine level calculations and still have it be quick.

ah that makes sense, I saw on the Chrome site that the team had won some java award and I assumed the entire game had been written in java.

GSH

Factory/Recycler build queues are an actual list, not a config & count. It's the UI that's the main issues behind firing off a lot of builds. And please don't ask to make this game like TA.

-- GSH

velocity7

Alright, if that's what you wish. Don't take it too hard. :)

PhoeniX-FlamE

velocity, this game is also action. if you want a stratergy game go play starcraft, warcraft, red alert or w/e...

from reading your post all it seems your doing is sitting in the bunker almost all game and doing nothing that invovles action...
and if thats the case I realy cant understand why you chose to play this game over stratergy games