• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Single Player Too easy..yeah...GT's

Started by BZ FeebleEffort, January 15, 2006, 11:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZ FeebleEffort

Along time ago I told Ken and Nathan the new stock GTs would make the single player too easy...well...after playing through just aboput the entire singleplayer campaign...I have some new information....Well...the Gts make single player WAY  too easy...

In the mid to late missions all I do is place about 2 GTs(Where previously in SP I needed 4-6) and the GTs just shut down the base and basically stop worrying about my base and prance on to destroy the Scions).

Sorry...just a observation, for SP you might wanna tone them down.

Red Devil

Yeah, they are pretty good.  There is away a way around that now though.
What box???

Spawn

do you know what exactly makes them more powerful?

BZ FeebleEffort

I forget all the specific parameters, but it seems the time between the "altering" fire is shorter to begin with.

It's pretty easy to see, just play "payback" and place 2 GTs at in the "valley" along the west side of map and no scion threat gets near the base.

Same w/ the one before that, where u "drop in", Just place 2 GTs along the shoreline and just march over to Scion base and boink, mission complete.

I think it's mostly the fact that ISDF Plasma now shoves everything around like crazy.  This has a disorienting effect on the AI to begin with, as they try to path back to where they want to be, but it's also completely nullified Scion Assault weapons ALL of which are close range.

In 1.0 three Warriors would scream right past a GT as they morphed, turn, and start spraying the GT with Plasma Stream.  It would take out one or two of them before it died but they could sit there next to it as it pounded them with Plasma.  Now they're tossed around and shoved back as they try to get close enough to use the stream, and whichever one is being pounded on has trouble keeping the stream on the GT.

Maulers used to run right through the plasma shots and were a real problem in 1.0, now they never get near enough to strike.

-Av-

BZ FeebleEffort

Red Devil

Here's the changes from 1.2 to 1.3.  As Av said, that kick is what pushes them around so much.  Looks like it was decreased in kick, but increased in how big an area it affected.  Increased heavy armor damage probably didn't help the Mauler's cause either.  Poor Maulers...

damageValue(N) = 100 // none
damageValue(L) = 70 // light
damageValue(H) = 50 // heavy

damageValue(S) = 70 // standard
damageValue(D) = 100 // deflection
damageValue(A) = 50 // absorbtion

kickRadius = 5.0
kickOmega = 2.0
kickVeloc = 2.0

damageValue(N) = 100 // none // 200
damageValue(L) = 70 // light // 140
damageValue(H) = 25 // heavy // 50

damageValue(S) = 50 // standard    // 100
damageValue(D) = 100 // deflection // 200
damageValue(A) = 10 // absorbtion  // 0

kickRadius = 12.0
kickOmega = 1.0
kickVeloc = 2.0
What box???

BZ FeebleEffort

Again, the changes were made(by Ken) In response to "wobble killing" which was essentially a MP problem.

Seems to me, there should be a way to revert the SP GT assets back to how they were for SP in 1.2( Or very similar)...then the problem is resolved. Tweaking the existing 1.3 parameters to make nice for both SP and MP would create a whole slew of 1.3 GT MP effect debates.

squirrelof09

QuoteMauler's cause either.  Poor Maulers...
Oh yes, thats a problem...

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Red Devil

Yeah, it works pretty good too.  Only way I can see to reduce the effectiveness of the GT's in SP is not use them or make different ones for SP.

From PB1:

- Aim-At code now takes target acceleration into account, eliminating
"wobble kill" (zig-zagging so the unit overcompensates and misses) on
high-skill units.  Turret acceleration made this a necessity, but it
should help normal units as well. [Ken]
What box???

BZ FeebleEffort

"make different ones for SP."

That, or be satisfied w/ a Single player that is just ridiculously easy.

A  case of breaking by "fixing".......

GSH

QuoteWaaah. Something changed!

That's a battle you lost a long time ago. Sorry.

-- GSH

BZ FeebleEffort

See Nathan....Just shoot the messenger and ignore the message...everyone here, including most of your beta testers can easily understand the effect the GTs have on SP....I make a 2 cents comment to point something out that maybe had been forgotten about(because it clearly is broken) and you want to rehash the past.

Just from bordom I had gone through the 1.3 SP missions a few nights ago and this problem showed up so clearly I bet if you could  just look at things objectively, even you'd recognize it.

Mods, do me a favor, lock this thread.

squirrelof09

QuoteMods, do me a favor, lock this thread.
Since you were the creator of this topic, you can easily lock it..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Spawn

it would be east enough to change it, a different recycler is used for multiplayer anyway...