• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

editor in bz 1.3

Started by Eraser, January 29, 2006, 10:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eraser

After trying to get to the editor unsuccessfully, I went a read the changelog entirely.

Can the whole interface and mission capability be brought back to the with the editor version? yet still leaving multiplayer out.

I ask this because I always used the editor in sp or IA missions to test new units and like to simply exit the editor and try the ship or weapon, and to use them in missions.  Why must even perfectly legitimate editor use during SP games be disabled because of lame ass MP cheaters?

Red Devil

You can still use the editor in IA/SP.  Just fire up bzedit, start up a mission/map and hit ctrl-e.
What box???

Spawn

its still cheating to use the editor in singleplayer :-P

you can still use it to test units and such, and it works better in later version of 1.3

Eraser

Quote from: Red Devil on January 29, 2006, 10:50:58 AM
You can still use the editor in IA/SP. Just fire up bzedit, start up a mission/map and hit ctrl-e.

but bzedit just takes me strait to an editor screen, instead of being able to go into missions and edit things.  How do you get to to the regular interface with the bzedit.exe?

Yes, its still cheating, but in single player, it does no harm, and can be fun.  I personally like to use it for placing all the tons of custom units(as they'd never ever fit into a factory build menu)  and do stuff like give my wingman tanks names and stuff,  it makes sending them off to their doom just a little harder.

Red Devil

You have to select a map or mission to play first.  Once you're in, activate the editor.

Might want to read the CL again. I can fit 100 units in my factory.
What box???

Eraser

you mean browsing through all the folders for the bzn files?

is there any plain way to just bring the regular interface back?

OvermindDL1

What regular interface are you referring to?

Red Devil

Sorry, I made a mess.
What box???

Spawn

well, thats whats its like in the private beta, but in the public beta its mildly harder
jsut use the commandline /mymap.bzn to load a specified map to edit with bz2edit.exe

Eraser

The "regular" interface I refer to is all the menus( the login, options, single player, IA etc.)  as if you used bzone.exe instead of bz2edit.exe

red devil,  When I run the bz2edit.exe,  it opens up with a loading screen and takes me straight to the editor license agreement(and the console is open) and it loads up a blank map, not the login screen.

This is the public beta, not a private build.  We don't all get the priviledge of having access to those.

I don't want to edit a specific map.  I'd simply like to be able to play the single player game and instant action normally, and have access to the editor.

Red Devil

Sorry, my bad.  Forgot about that.
What box???

Eraser

Well at least what you said means when the next beta(or final) version is out, it sounds like I'll be able to just use the bz2edit.exe to play the game through it.  I honestly don't care about multiplayer,  its never worked since I've installed any mods, bad assets and all.

Angstromicus

woah woah woah woah!!!

I'm missing something here!

whenever I run maps like isdf01.bzn, NOTHING happens. It's as if bzedit.exe dosen't run .dll files and AIP!! Sure, you can run SP/IA maps, but they don't "run". You can run DM/LOOT/KOTH/CTF/RACE/ST/MPI/ANY (did I miss any?) maps too, they just don't "run" like they would in 1.2 editor.

Eraser

Well yeah....nathan said most scripts and dlls point to bzone.exe and they wouldn't work under the editor.   Of course if you make bz2edit bzone.exe, the dlls point to the right place and you get the editor :wink:

Angstromicus

awesome, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Wait... Missions aren't working! Maps aren't running still! I renamed bz2edit.exe bzone.exe (of course, renaming bzone.exe (the non-editor thingy to avoid confusion)), to avoid losing it.