• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

editor in bz 1.3

Started by Eraser, January 29, 2006, 10:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spawn

editor doesnt run the dll in pb1

use it to make maps, anyhting else can be done by other means...

OvermindDL1

Renaming will do squat, it is not the name it goes by but rather the linking signiture, they each output different functions and they have to link properly.

Angstromicus

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on January 31, 2006, 05:12:47 PM
Renaming will do squat, it is not the name it goes by but rather the linking signiture, they each output different functions and they have to link properly.

Riiight... Translation :??

GENERAL MANSON*

once the link is for example made it holds that sig. to execute a certain function and does not change unless edited or rescripted. my best guess. i think. :lol:

OvermindDL1

Heh, sorry.  Every function in a program has a signiture, and that signiture needs to match, generally in both type and location (unless linking manually, but that is very bothersome).  For example, the Attack() command in BZ2's signiture is:
15    E 00034580 ?Attack@@YAXHHH@Z
There will be some commands that exist in bzone, but not in bz2edit, and vice-versa, not to mention locations may be different, just like the location of the attack command in BZ2 is located at index 15.

Eraser

Well, in the public beta.  According to red devil, the private beta the dlls and missions work.   And if they don't, Nathan, can you please keep the BZ2Edit.exe just like the bzone.exe, with the shell and everything working, just with multiplayer disabled if its not too much of a hassle?

While I like to just play around, but for mission makers, it'd be really conveient to be able to playtest and edit at the same time.