• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

tracked vehicles getting stuck ...

Started by Ungodly, February 11, 2006, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungodly

This may have been reported before ... in just about any 1.3 game i've played, sometime during that game a tracked vehicle will get trapped against a building, gun tower, or extractor.  The vehicles just seem to run into things but keep trying to push through them w/o success.  I guess you could call it "the hump factor".  Anyhow, can anyone tell me if any of the latest beta builds fixes this problem, or at least minimizes it?

Spawn

treaded units try to plaw through anyhting, regardless of their ability to move it

problem has been fixed though

Ungodly

GSH

I think it's definitely "better." Given idiot AI and humans designed to worst-case anything, I wouldn't call anything "fixed." Mainly because when you think you've made something foolproof, nature finds a bigger fool.

-- GSH

Bob the Dinosuar

rofl.  can't you code a smarter AI? Sorry for asking if you can't, just curious.

APCs r evil

I believe GSH once said something to the effect of, "Have you ever seen that Christmas Vacation moive? Trying to change BZ2 AI would be comparable to attempting to change one light bulb in the center of that wad of lights the father tells the son to untangle while being shot at with a .50 caliber machinegun with a tiger gnawing on your knees while you are attempting to dodge icicles falling like rain without touching a single wire in the entire wad in under three seconds before the sun goes supernova."

Short answer; no.  :-D

Ungodly

Ya, i'm in IT, definately know about the 'better idiot' paradigm.  Well, hey if it's improved that's a good enough answer for me ... my gun towers were about to start a sexual harassment suite against scavengers ... darn scavs love to hump anything in sight. ... Can't say i blame them ...

Bob the Dinosuar

ok, cool.  just asking.... heh heh *sheepish*