• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Large Chat text?

Started by LabRat, February 18, 2006, 07:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LabRat

The FE mod for BZ2 v1.2 included a "Large Chat Text" feature that moved the chat text to the bottom of the screen and made it big enough to read when using 1024x768 res.  Is there anything comparable for v1.3??  I've searched and searched and come up with nothing.

If it hasn't been done already could one of the really great BZ2 modders on this board port the 'Large Chat Text' mod so it's compatable with v1.3?? 

Thanks!

~Labrat

Spawn

i believe that was bznes, not fe
rubicon alpha made a new hud for that resolution, not sure if it was released but you could try asking him and searching the forums

LabRat

Thanks for the reply Spawn.

I'd never tried BZNES until your post but you are correct - that is the origin of the large text chat window.  However, I found it in the 'extras' folder after installing FE (with proper credit given to Timevirus just no mention of BZNES).

I found a thread about Rubicon Alpha's HUD with a screen shot or two but I could not find a download anywhere.

In my research into the FE/BZNES thing I also saw a BZNES II upgrade for 1.3 mentioned but no downloads to be found.  TimeVirus said he was 95% done with it (he wanted to add low-res support for the underprivileged) but that was quite a while ago.

Does anyone know where I can find either Rubicon Alpha's HUD or BZNES for 1.3??

I hate playing in 800x600 but I have to or I can't read the dang chat text!   :x

Thanks again for any help!!

~LabRat

BZZERKER

BZNES for 1.3 is not yet available. I think TV is waiting for 1.3 to become final before finishing it.

IIrc, RA has given out a few copies of his HUD but, it was by request only and for testing/improvement purposes.

Spawn

if you ask him he might give it to you...
bznes2 has a few problems with random crashes, and tv kinda got bored/angry with it and stopped caring

Red Devil

I might create some after awhile.  I fell and hit my head on the ice recently and got a concussion, plus I have a kidney stone and infection, so after I recover from that and can focus on thngs better.
What box???

BZZERKER

Sorry to hear about that RD. Get well soon. :)