• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Just something I thought of...

Started by lucky_foot, February 25, 2006, 10:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

Hi,

I'm not on the devteam for 1.3pb2, but I thought I'd mention this. My friends and i on the LAN were playing Battlezone II and I had 4 people on my side. Through the course of the battle I found that if I wasn't paying attention to keep putting units in to there teams that when I built a unit, it placed it in F9 where there already was a Player. I could select the unit or anything.

Does the 1.3pb2 fix this problem to keep F9-F12 having units when in Multi?

Jonathan S.

Spawn

In 1.3 that slot should be blocked out (reserved for human use), unless your doing something like a 4v1.  You cant use f11 or higher for units/players, the game code doesnt allow it for a mildly compelling reasons which I don't feel like going into.  In 1.2 and below this could happen, but its fixable regardless.  You need to select the units via the spacebar, then you can transfer them to an ally using ctrl+f10 (or whatever player you want to give them to) and they should stop overlapping.

BZZERKER

Quote from: Spawn on February 25, 2006, 02:28:01 PM
In 1.3 that slot should be blocked out (reserved for human use), unless your doing something like a 4v1.  You cant use f11 or higher for units/players, the game code doesnt allow it for a mildly compelling reasons which I don't feel like going into.  In 1.2 and below this could happen, but its fixable regardless.  You need to select the units via the spacebar, then you can transfer them to an ally using ctrl+f10 (or whatever player you want to give them to) and they should stop overlapping.

ROFLOL! Isn't that what the art department said 6 years ago?

Spawn

glad someone got it :-D

The icons perfrectly fit into the minimum res supported by default (640*480) so if extras would be added then all the icons would need to be resized, this is the original reason, though some may be willing to resize, currently theere isn't time or enough desire to add this as a feature.

lucky_foot

Quote from: Spawn on February 25, 2006, 02:28:01 PM

Okay. That's what I was doing. Selecting the unit with the spacebar and putting it in to another group. I just thought I'd mention it. :)
Jonathan S.