• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where can I find information on the Path Point Editor in BZII 1.3?

Started by Got-Silk?, March 01, 2006, 03:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got-Silk?

I get into the module just fine but it's really different from the BZII Editor ver. 1.3. More specifically what are the Editing functions and how does a map maker delete the existing paths from an existing single player map that is currently being converted to an MPI playable map? The original map was gleaned from mission scion07.bzn and I've successfully made a Strategy map, but would like to also make an MPI version. So far the MPI mission loads okay but I don't see the enemy anywhere on the map. I had to rename 2 of the paths hold1 and hold2 as the console displayed these as missing; got that fixed but I am now trying to delete all other previous paths as they are not needed as far as I can tell for this MPI version.  :|

Spawn

GSH

You need to *add* some pathpoints for MPI. Any of the usual modding sites should have a good list of them.

-- GSH

Got-Silk?

Yes, I selected the MPI DLL and saved the file. I also pasted and renamed an .INF file from Instant Bridges, renamed mission name, mapTga, and mapDesc to my maps name. I have feeling that the old path points from the original mission scion07.bzn may be interfering with the MPI.DLL file but I don't really have a clue other than deleting all the the old path points and using only those that the console reports as missing.

To quickly delete any pathpoints or objects in a map add /nobodyhome to the shortcut like this:

"C:\Program Files\BZ\Battlezone II\BZ2Edit.exe" BZ1NSDF.bzn /nobodyhome

This will remove all buildings and other objects also, which you may not want.

This can also be used with a terrain file to make a blank map:

"C:\Program Files\BZ\Battlezone II\BZ2Edit.exe" BZ1NSDF.trn /nobodyhome

For MPI specific path points just open an MPI map and take a look...  otherwise there have been several posts outligning them you should be able to dig up with 'search'.

From memory I think you need at least the 'RecyclerEnemy' point, or some such name...  heck, let me look...

Yup, you need "RecyclerEnemy", and can use things like "TurretEnemy1", "TurretEnemy2", "Gtow1", etc..

-Av-

Got-Silk?

Tanks Avatar, I'll use your suggestions and I believe I understand how to place these paths just didn't have a clue on how to delete them one by one or globally until now. BZII mapping really requires a lot of specific knowledge but I love the game anyways. Tanks again now hopefully I'll be able to start making some really cool MPI maps and such....

GreenHeart

If you reall must know prehaps select the path point & hit the delete button.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.