• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3 Public Beta 2 released

Started by GSH, February 28, 2006, 02:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Quote from: BZDraconian on March 01, 2006, 01:58:45 PM
I've stacked objects before!

Geeze. All you have to do is place an object nearby and use the Move tool to move it where it needs to go.

What would be nice though is if both objects -remained- solid...but let's say I had a bridge over a tunnel, the bridge object that is over the tunnel sometimes would allow ships to pass through it as if it was made of air.
Which kind of defeats the purpose, I was having a high building act as another small 'level sub-area', it worked well, as long as it didn't have another building below it...

Venom

Ahh you have no idea how happy i was to find this after the day i just had.  Thank you everyone who worked on it!

One question, how/where do i install the BZ2_MPDlls_v13PublicBeta2.zip file?  Root directory?  Should i even be asking this question here?

GSH

The DLLs .zip is for mod makers only who want to create DLLs in C++.

-- GSH

Spawn

The allied combunkers never worked correctly if your talking about what i think you are.

Bob the Dinosuar

Michael

Thank again guys for all your hard work. . . I have been waiting since 1999 for this patch  :-D

Ultraken

The reason you can't stack buildings is that each terrain cluster has only one slot for a terrain-owning object.  Theoretically, that slot could be replaced with a linked list, but that would involve significant work with the editor to make it behave.  I already have a well-deserved reputation for breaking things at inopportune times, so I had best stay away from that.  :)

Red Devil

What box???

Ultraken

Yup.  The icon and name should have been a tipoff.  :)

Red Devil

Getting the band back together?  Hope so.  :-)

Just for encouragement, I've tried HL2, BF2, BF/BF2, and all the other ones out there, but I still think BZ2 is really the best one around.
What box???

OvermindDL1

Wow, its been... a very long time.

What about buildings that are not terrain owning... and are spawned by dll... say 2k in the air?

squirrelof09

THANKS for the ignore and unignore features!!! oh Yes!! I can ignore sean now!
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

BZZERKER

Is that seanthegreat? If so, I see they're still being a PITA.

squirrelof09

Quote from: BZZERKER on March 05, 2006, 10:19:55 AM
Is that seanthegreat? If so, I see they're still being a PITA.

Yes him aka .:.RKA.:.SeanTheGreat.:.Ldr.:.

He stole my clan title format thingy... the .:.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Ultraken

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on March 04, 2006, 11:24:40 PM
Wow, its been... a very long time.

Indeed.  I looked back through the changelog, and my last change was a third of the way from the bottom.  Wow.

What about buildings that are not terrain owning... and are spawned by dll... say 2k in the air?

That counts for anything that attaches itself to the terrain cluster ("ownsTerrain"), even if it doesn't hide the terrain itself ("isTerrain").  I'd need to change MapClusterClass::clusterMesh into a linked list (not hard), but making the editor handle it correctly is another issue.

(I wish I could port the Clone Wars or Battlefront editor improvements back to BZ2, but there may be too many game-specific changes in them for that to be practical.)