• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3 Public Beta 2 released

Started by GSH, February 28, 2006, 02:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

1.3pb3 or final you mean?  Not a clue about schedule, but it is going along at a nice pace with even more fixes and the occasional bonus.

lucky_foot

I was referring to the edits for the pb2 patch that needed to be made. I doubt that GSH wants to make PB3. :D
Jonathan S.

OvermindDL1

What edits?  Why would there be edits for an already released pb instead of a new pb?

lucky_foot

Sorry.

Brain Dump. The words "Public Beta" went in one ear, out the other, and didn't even stop to chat.

I now get what you said. What would follow Public Beta 2 with the new holes fixed and so forth would be called Public Beta *3*.

Sorry about that Overmind. :)
Jonathan S.

Angstromicus

I wonder if there's ever been a patch under longer development/testing than Battlezone's 1.3 patch. This could go on for another year (perhaps longer).

lucky_foot

Well,

if it was a company doing it, the patch probably wouldn't have taken so long. On the other hand, if the company was doing it, their wouldn't be all the new features and tweaks added in to it either. (Probably just more bugs)
Jonathan S.

wug

Maybe I'm off base, but I get the impression that GSH wants v1.3 to be finished... soon.  It's only my guess, but I think if there is no PB3 in the next few weeks, then v1.3 will come out without ever going to PB3.

So July is a critical month... squash those bugs!

Axeminister

I've gotten a response from Natty and he plans on using this patch for his new G66, which sounds like it has a long way to go. So, does the current download for this patch include the visual lag fix, and what ever else it might need, into one package? I want to recommend this patch to my friends and family.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Mafioso

how does 1.3 go along with the no-cd patch?

/edit

yes and my mipmap porblem is fixed  :-D

fantastic guys

Spawn

I think the no cd patch breaks 1.3, though you don't need a cd for 1.3 in the first place so I don't know why you would be using it.

lucky_foot

I'm using the No CD patch with 1.3. :)

Though, I applied the patch while I was still 1.2 and upgraded it (I know, should have done it from a fresh install, but I couldn't find my CD and wanted to try 1.3  badly. :D )

Jonathan S.

GSH

Don't install the NoCD patch onto 1.3 until it asks for the CD. Simple, really.

-- GSH

Spawn

The no-cd patch just hacks the exe, changing it so the cd check is gone, 1.3 always replaces the exe so you aren't using it lucky.

Hotshot

G66 will not work with 1.3 Battlezone. can you help

Hotshot

OvermindDL1