• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

First impressions can be illusive.

Started by deadscion, March 01, 2006, 04:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadscion

I have heard people giving opinions about this patch already and it was only released yesterday.

Any opinion good or bad this soon after release lacks enough information to be of any value, unless you have no life of your own and played the game all night on a week night, while others do not and can not.

On other boards, you complain about the physics, targeting, AI pathing and even some complaints about networking.

However, nobody but beta testers has even bothered to mention whether or not these complaints are adjustable.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion but this patch has been in developement long enough for the the group to consider most of your concerns as well as many of their own.

I would encourage you to do what I am going to do,,,,, Just play with the stuff for a few days and get a real good look around.

Don't like what you find? Look for adjustments or modifiers before being quick to complain. They said they put a lot of adjustments and modibility into the patch so look for them.

Remember first impressions are illusive.

General BlackDragon

yes, there are more settings and stuff....

and on these boards i havnt heard so many bad impressions, yet...

*****General BlackDragon*****

deadscion

Things are being said on other forums because they are afraid to say anything here.

OvermindDL1

Their loss then.  Morons post things they want changed in other places then the only place that someone that can change them visits.

Physics are mostly adjustable now (they weren't at all in 1.3pb1 and less).  Targetting should be identical so I don't see how there could be gripes with that.  AI Pathing is smarter then before.  Networking is faster and more stable, how could someone possibly gripe with that?  People need to post what is wrong in detail...

Spawn

The biggest issue is how a ship's visual immage lags behind where it actually is, while it may seem minor (AKA just lead more) why should they come to this patch if such a small thing wasnt fixed.  People don't post here because they dont care, there was already an outcry about hovering along with other problems when pb1 was released, and now there isn't one, even though many expected it.  Nobody cares anymore, it has been too long for people to care anymore.

GSH

The visual image position was affected by the fixed maximum predicted speed for vehicles in 1.2. To fix craft going faster than that max speed required changing the code. The old code was buggy, and a proper fix went in. This is not "some small issue" that will conform to 1.2's bugs.

-- GSH

Red Devil

What is the maximum speed now?  40?

And the smoothing settings in Gameprefs can make the position lag more accurate.
What box???

GSH

The max speed is the craft's max speed. Not a fixed number.

-- GSH

Zero Angel

On the contrary, I played on a 2000+ ping server and it was almost like I was playing on a broadband server. The netcode seems to have improved drastically at least in that area. Of course, this was a 1v1 strat.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

QuoteThe biggest issue is how a ship's visual immage lags behind where it actually is, while it may seem minor (AKA just lead more) why should they come to this patch if such a small thing wasnt fixed.  People don't post here because they dont care, there was already an outcry about hovering along with other problems when pb1 was released, and now there isn't one, even though many expected it.  Nobody cares anymore, it has been too long for people to care anymore.

I noticed a major issue in the public beta that I didn't in the private regarding this.  Has something changed recently that would affect ship movement in multiworld and their positioning?

Scout

The problem is it hangs so far behind you can shoot out your ass at other people. (hence you turn as fast as you can and the model can be 180 degrees behind where you're really looking) 1.2 suited the competitive players much better because that never happened, only time a model detached from a hitbox was nosing into the ground for extreme speed or blinking.. Since that was the only 2 places you would see this problem, it wasn’t much to worry about.. But now its permanently available in 1.3..

and strafing left right to evade bullets is going to look smooth but that’s just giving a false impression when the players hitbox is going way out in front of the direct of the model but at least the target lead indicator isn’t based off the smoothed visual model and still presents an accurate location to shoot at.

Commando

The issue I'm seeing is that models are lagged behind the hitbox even for scavs traveling in a straight line.  It seems to have gotten bad all of a sudden since I didn't see this before.

Scout

played with the netsmooth, guess i cant tell head from tails cause it only gets worse, isnt there another related command other then minsmooth maxsmooth?

Spawn

There are a few console commands, but they just let you adjust the same thigns from ingame.  THink it was game.minsmooth or somehting, just use autocomplete after game.

spAce

Quote from: Scout on March 01, 2006, 09:07:04 PM
The problem is it hangs so far behind you can shoot out your ass at other people. (hence you turn as fast as you can and the model can be 180 degrees behind where you're really looking) 1.2 suited the competitive players much better because that never happened, only time a model detached from a hitbox was nosing into the ground for extreme speed or blinking.. Since that was the only 2 places you would see this problem, it wasn’t much to worry about.. But now its permanently available in 1.3..

and strafing left right to evade bullets is going to look smooth but that’s just giving a false impression when the players hitbox is going way out in front of the direct of the model but at least the target lead indicator isn’t based off the smoothed visual model and still presents an accurate location to shoot at.

Yes.

Visual position of man piloted ships is very delayed.
Target lead indicator is even more delayed.
In 1.2 it was possible to see units true position when mwf updated, now theres not even that left. Ships just slide around, very hard to quess where enemies really are. This also seems to appear in lan games, so this could be easily considered as most critical bug imo.