• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Not possible to see accurate position of a unit.

Started by appel, March 05, 2006, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

welcome to   1.3 beta build 31

Red Devil

Using collisionRadius, you can make the units avoid collisions very well.  Makes them spread out nicely in groups too.
What box???

Scout

in multiplayer? might that make things warp bad? always thought about changing that cfg but didnt think it would fly to well in mp.

spAce

Here is a screenie which should show some info about the amount of red dot delay. (scout running nearly at full speed)

Red Devil

I was using game.maxsmooth like Commando posted and Space was using 8.  We both have ATI 9600XT video cards.
What box???

Red Devil

I haven't noticed any problems.

Quote from: Scout on March 05, 2006, 10:51:39 PM
in multiplayer? might that make things warp bad? always thought about changing that cfg but didnt think it would fly to well in mp.
What box???

Quote from: spAce on March 05, 2006, 10:55:32 PM
Here is a screenie which should show some info about the amount of red dot delay. (scout running nearly at full speed)

I'm not sure what you're showing.  The red dot SHOULD be out ahead of a Scout running full speed, as you have to lead the target...

Are you shooting him at the point shown, with the red dot to the right of that position, showing that the actual position of the unit is ahead of both the TLI and the visual model?

Just so I understand what the screenshot is showing, it does look like you're firing...

-Av-

APCs r evil

I think, from now on, screenshots showing the image lag should be shown with an instant hit weapon on a light colored background... Minigun, is not instant hit. For that matter... only use Laser or Arc Cannon, since they require NO target leading.

spAce

QuoteAre you shooting him at the point shown, with the red dot to the right of that position, showing that the actual position of the unit is ahead of both the TLI and the visual model?
Yes, my bullets were hitting the scout in that image. Ive been trying to make smoothing better with gameprefs.ini, only getting more worse. This issue requires recoding.

My understanding is that if it were just a smoothing issue the TLI would be right, but the visual model wouldn't.   With both being wrong it does seem like there's something else at work here...

-Av-

Red Devil

Just finished running Loot and the warping/lagging was intense.  Tried setting game.maxsmooth from high to low and it didn't help a bit.  Actually thought the bots were using Blink as they disappeared and went from in front of me to in back of me instantly.
What box???

CmptrWz

Try setting the minsmoothdt and maxsmoothdt values to 0, or otherwise tweaking them.

Spawn

I tried that, min is .000001 or something (mentioned in gameprefs.ini) so it cant be zero.  All messing with this did was make the visual immage hold still then move to the actual position each multiworld swap.

Scout

TLI doest tell you how far Ahead youhave to lead to compensate for acceleration you have to be preominent... same went for bz2 1.2, in 1.3 thats alot harder to judge due to the visual catchup the model is doing.

I had a fraps where i was shooting clear though some units with blast cannon, better yet to hit these units drving by my ass tank id have to aim many many ship lengths into the air infront of them to actually score a hit, and yes you can see a model hit sprite show up against the hitbox in thin air like your hitting a cloaked ship.....

ill try diging it up, but why do you need the proof? this was since build 31 publicbeta1 its jawdroping that it was so hard for people too see.
even more so it was brought to attention long before this release and Commando makes it sound like it was something that just popped out of no where......

appel

Well, this works perfectly in 1.2 :) I'm off to play it, have fun tweaking this for another 2 years, I'm off.  :mrgreen: