• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Not possible to see accurate position of a unit.

Started by appel, March 05, 2006, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spawn

Ignore my last post, tom was right.  Looks like setting minsmoothdt and maxsmoothdt to zero make it work.  It looked like 1.2 :-D

Quote from: Scoutill try diging it up, but why do you need the proof? this was since build 31 publicbeta1 its jawdroping that it was so hard for people too see.

Why can't people understand the dizzying variations in computers and connections present in gaming today?   And how hard it is to take them all into account when writing game code? 

BZ2 has always run very well for me but then I have absolutely vanilla equipment, running vanilla drivers on a vanilla connection.  (well, maybe the connection is strawberry now that I have cable...)  :)    When people were crashing left and right I was playing two hour MPI games with Ice without issues.  Without 100+ framerates, and without 4 other humans involved, and without custom anything, but it worked very well for me.

Guess that makes me a bad tester, but it does help highlight the fact that just because someone isn't seeing the same things you do it doesn't mean it's not there...   

As long as I'm almost ranting, people also don't seem to 'get' the term 'beta', either.  I hate to see people pop in, say "this sucks" and leave.  At least be more constructive and outline what's wrong as clearly as you can, to help the effort.

I need a nap...before bedtime....  :)

-Av-

GSH

Spawn/Scout: if you're going to complain as to a bug being present since "build X," (and X was way before pb1), then you should take the time to note how long you've had access to the ability to tweak those numbers. Just to be fair.

-- GSH

Red Devil

I'm more intrigued than anything.  I've had Avatar and Commando in my sessions a few builds back and no adjustment was needed as everything was where it was supposed to be.

Now I'm wondering why this started happening and why setting the dt settings to zero fixes it for Spawn and Wz.  Haven't tried it myself yet, but will shortly.
What box???

Spawn

dt being zero doesnt fix it, it only sets it to the defaults.  I tested it on my own and with appel, it works great.  I'll post a link to my gameprefs.ini when i find it.

EDIT: here it is

appel

Now, if only the ground-bumping can be removed then I'm willing to test it more. I don't know what needs to be done, so I'll let you guys figure it out :) a new recycler or something?

Red Devil

Nah, just some ODF tweaks.  Good news on the dt settings and good find by Wz.
What box???

squirrelof09

This is what it looks like to me from a far distance. I will get one from a close distance soon.

[attachment deleted by admin]
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Scout

Spawn

Setting dt to zero just makes the defaults used actually :-P

CmptrWz

The two DT values do NOT go to "defaults" when set to 0. The shell shows them at 0 and thus they are not applied every frame. Thus, there is no minimum or maximum smoothing information per frame, from my understanding. That is why I recommended setting them to 0 to begin with, or tweaking them to something non-stock if setting them to 0 didn't help.

My gameprefs has had them at 0 for a few days now.

Spawn

By setting them at zero I had the same effects as setting them at defaults.

CmptrWz

When I popped them to 0 I got vastly different results then at defaults, which is how I know they work differently.