• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Warrior with EMP

Started by appel, March 05, 2006, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appel

Nobody has a problem with the warrior bouncing 200m in the air when it uses EMP gun, and basicly *flying* away like it was a mortar bike?

Making units bounce off the terrain is the cause, since in 1.2 the warrior only gains a slight speed for an instance and you don't bounce off the terrain in 1.2.

Red Devil

This is why it is important for this beta patch to be tested by everybody.  Everybody doesn't test or play the same way, so things slip through.

Sounds like it needs the Mass setting applied to it.  Try shooting other units like the Constructor and ST's  They should fly too.
What box???

Angstromicus

Mass affects kick velocity/omega? I would have no idea. I thought the only thing that affected kick velocity/omega was how far away you were from the center of the explosion and how big the kick velocity/omega field was. (Why bigger units are less affected by explosions I'm sure).

Red Devil

From the CL:

Mass = -1 // If <= 0, uses default of Sphere(Width*Height*Breadth) * 800.0. Peek in an ascii-saved .sav or .bzn file to determine what things already have

This means that Mass was hard-coded before PB2.  Nathan broke it out of the code so we could adjust it in the ODF's.

Using it, I made an ST pretty much unbudgeable.

To test it, I added a kick to laser explosions and just started blasting stuff (fun).  Unfortunately, it was mostly tested on ISDF units, hence appel's discovery.
What box???

Spawn

Problem with making warrior more massive is it will be able to push things better.
From the changelog, maybe increasing the ground elasticity will help.
[CraftClass]
chunkEffect1 .. chunkEffect5 = "iochnk01.xsi" .. "iochnk05.xsi" // chunks from craft. Note that .xsi MUST be present.
// elasticity
MIN_BOUNCE_VEL = 0.5
OBJECT_ELASTICITY = 0.125
GROUND_ELASTICITY = 0.03125
// spin rates for collision
X_SPIN_RATE = 1.5707963267948966 // = 0.5f * PI;
Y_SPIN_RATE = 3.1415926535897932 // = PI;
Z_SPIN_RATE = 0.7853981633974483 // = 0.25f * PI;
// Other constants
DAMAGE_SCALE = 0.05 // Scale in turning velocity into damage, on craft:ground or craft:building collisions
MAX_PILOT_HORIZ_VELOCITY = 25.0 // Max horizontal velocity a pilot can have when ejecting
RECYCLE_TASK_DIST = 10.0 // How far from the recycler until we're 'done' and recycle

OvermindDL1

Higher elasticity I'd think would make things bounce higher upon hit.

Red Devil

Shocks would do that.  Ground/object_elasticity is how much resistance it has.  Both together affect the vehicle.
What box???

Angstromicus

Higher elasticity ='s more bouncing and bigger bouncing.