• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Preliminary Physics Tweaks Posted

Started by Red Devil, March 06, 2006, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Here's a link to the updated assets.

Thumper removed due to people having too much fun with it and getting distracted.

Speed increased on ISDF/Scion DM Scouts.

Bump removed from DM Scouts.

Please post constructive comments.

http://www.spike.http.co.il/uploads/up/A001255.zip
What box???

spAce

Tried ur latest build, hard to tell that are the physics improved. I think ships should turn as fast as in 1.2, otherwise people think that gameplay has gotten more worse.

Is it possible to make ships stay in the air longer ?
And is it possible to remove terrain collision ?
That terrain collision is like stumbling in a 1st person shooter game, really annoying. :( Propably not so big problem if people play with automatic leveling on, but who does.

If prementioned things could be adjusted, majority of experienced strat players would accept the patch i believe.
Even though the physics code is more realistic in 1.3 releases, theres still something very wierd wich is the way how cliff edges capture ship's movement ability even though the ship is like 150 meters above any cliff edge. Same thing was in 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, but in 1.3 it is more dominating.

mase

The Scion Scout is too fast now, you can jump really high and far using hills with it.

Can you tell exactly how the new blink works?

Red Devil

Cool.  Feedback.  :-)

Didn't know they needed to turn faster.  I can do that. 

I can make them stay in the air longer too.  I'll bump it up 10% for now.

I'm focusing mainly on the Scouts now as they are the most used.

Not sure what you mean about the terrain collision thing.

I know that buildings tend to pop units up and that isn't right.  Probably associated with the cliff thing.  Might have the isTerrain seeting on in them.

Blink acts like 1.2 Blink in Assault morph.  That is, it uses ammo and has a pretty long range.   In Combat morph, it  only has a 40m range. uses local ammo, and recharges.  That is so people don't use Blink to unbalance gameplay.  Youi can Blink in, then morph to Combat (takes a few seconds), fight or do damage, then morph to Assault and move out.  Basically, you can't just come and go like the wind and Blink around your opponents in a dogfight.
What box???

Red Devil

Looks like I copied the wrong Blinks in there.  :oops:  Sorry, fixing that now.
What box???

Red Devil

Space, do you mean turning while moving or spinning in place or both?
What box???

Red Devil

Here's an update.

DELETE the previous RD-Tweaks before installing.

Please post feedback please!

Physics:

Increased turning rate on DM Scout/Drone.

Removed the bump sound on Scout/Drone.

Made Scout/Drone more resistant to terrain/vehicle collisions.

Other:

Changed pilot sound when landing (grunt instead of bump)

Gave DM Drone same AI as Scout (more intelligent/aggressive)

Consistent naming/spelling in MPVehicles list.  (Thunderbolt instead of Thunder Bolt, etc.)

http://www.spike.http.co.il/uploads/up/A001263.zip

What box???

BZZERKER

RD, SLOW DOWN with the updates! Remember what we told you in beta.

LOL...

BUT...IT'S...SO...HARD...TO...WAIT!!!!

:evil:

-Av-

Red Devil

I have to act on the feedback. Plus, if I don't, things get stale and I want to keep things fresh and the interest up.

Also, a lot of the players have a very short attention span and want a quick turnaround.

Going in to the dentist for my root canal this afternoon, so I wanted to get this in before then.
What box???

Red Devil

I'm leaving a DM with the tweaks up while I'm at the dentist.
What box???

ScarleTomato

or at least update the first post with the latest update so we don't have to go searching through the posts to find it :P

spAce

ISDF scout is much better now. Terrain collision is removed nearly totally, nose down acceleration is back in business.
It still needs some ability to stay in the air, should be sort of falling resistant. Otherwise nearly all turret killing/dogfighting vet methods are negated or harmed badly.

I wonder why 1.3 needed recoded new physics, cause it was possible to remove hovering and nose down acceleration only by tweaking odfs. It's so clumsy now. Hard to integrate 1.2 physics code back ?

GSH

Because tweaked ODFs could be undone, and infinite flying would be right back. That's not an option we wanted.

-- GSH

spAce

Well, could that falling down effect be reduced ?