• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Oh UltraKen... about that shot convergance thing...

Started by Avatar, March 06, 2006, 12:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is that an option for weapons?

That is, can we turn it off in the odf for a specific weapon?

-Av-

hmmm, better add:

"If so, how?"

:)

**Note that if we ever discussed this the brain cells present in my head at that time are LONG gone...

Red Devil

What box???

APCs r evil

If he's talking about weapons triangulating on a target, no.

That I am...

Ken added the convergence, makes me think maybe there's an odf entry for it to override it.

-Av-

General BlackDragon

yes i could use some help with that for my beam fence, to make it look like a fence :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

ScarleTomato

Ooh si si, that would be a very nice switch for mortar units :-D

General BlackDragon

yes, the idea is to have a wall that's just a series of poles, but when enemies come inbetween them, they incinnerate it.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Ultraken

Right now weapon convergence is always on, and I could see why you'd want the option to turn it off in that particular case.

Red Devil

Is convergence where the weapon aim of two weapons (can see it with the aiming lasers) point to what is targeted?
What box???

Spawn

Quote from: Ultraken on March 07, 2006, 10:31:50 AM
Right now weapon convergence is always on, and I could see why you'd want the option to turn it off in that particular case.
Is there any particualr reason why the titan cannons/guns don't converge?

Are you sure they don't?  I remember the Titan's guns converging...  this only happens when you 'T'arget the enemy, btw...

-Av-

Spawn

Red Devil

Must be what convergence is then.  I've seen pilots and Titans just stand there shooting at each other, with the pilot in between the guns (not cannons).
What box???

APCs r evil

Neither the Titan's Cannons or Guns converge on a target.

That is bizarre.  The Titan doesn't, the Scout does, so they're my test subjects.

First glance the big difference is how the weapons section reads.

I tried adding recoil entries in a Scout to see if that had any effect and it didn't.
I tried changing the Titan's weapons via the odf and it had no effect, and neither did giving it a crate.

Makes me think it's an assault tank thing, and there's one other AssTank I can play with.

So...  I went in and gave a Bulldog miniguns in the mortor slots.  Guess what?  They don't converge either.

This leads me to believe it's a "Code Elf Brain Fart" concerning the assaulttank class, which while rare are not unheard of....   :)

Seriously, Ken, did you miss the Assault Tanks when you were handing out shot convergence?  Not like they need any help...

-Av-