• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Oh UltraKen... about that shot convergance thing...

Started by Avatar, March 06, 2006, 12:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

well, i need the option to not converge, or to rig it somehow to not converge.

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

Be patient. If you read this board, people are complaining about more than things present only in a MOD.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

i know, i wouldnt expect any more "new" things to be added for atleast a month or two.

Red Devil

Might be in the XSI too, Av.  I think I checked that awhile back, but can't remember.
What box???

I tried to wake up some of my older brain cells, and I swear Ken mentioned he had to enable shot convergence for each vehicle.  Specifically I swear he said he'd "just finished enabling shot convergence for the missile scout".

So, my theory is that it's class dependant, and the assaulttank class was missed.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.   :)

I believe the fence can be done in other ways but since the Scriptor doesn't seem to support my method I have no way to test this.

-Av-

Spawn

You couldn't do a flaremine?
In singleplayer it should work with all the allied units being on the same team.  Except the piltos, but you could make a lower gap with them.

Ultraken

You're right; AssaultTank::UpdateWeaponAim is blank, whereas the others call Craft::UpdateWeaponAim.  That convergence flag is sounding like a good idea right about now... :D

I'm trying to figure out if it was just an oversight, or a deliberate choice on my part.  I probably would have left a comment or something to that effect if it were left out on purpose, but who knows?

Red Devil

Ken, do you know why the ISDF Walker HP's were made all Assault HP's?
What box???

General BlackDragon

because its a really big heavy walking thing....

hense, its more powerful, top of the tech tree :)

It's not like Assault Tanks need much help in the mass destruction area...  the Bulldog has only the one cannon, and wouldn't be helped much by convergence.  The Titan OTOH actually does better without it using Arc.  

I'd leave them, personally.

As to the Walkers, I love the Attilla now, leave him alone!  :)

-Av-

APCs r evil

They were made assault because when they had combat Cannons and Guns they weren't worth the price/risk ratio to build one. (They sucked.)

Commando

One problem I have seen regarding shot convergance occurs when mortars are used.  In Lizard's fleshstorm mod, his artillery unit uses shot convergance.  Unfortunately the unit will miss small units worse due to shot convergance because the mortars will converge too much causing them to cross paths in mid air, then continue until they both end up on the opposite side of the target.  The shot convergance seems to take horizontal distance into account, but not vertical distance making the feature problematic for mortars.

Red Devil

Did you try retargeting the unit you are shooting at?  The convergence will stay at the distance of the last targeted object.
What box???

Commando

I don't believe the unit I mentioned above can be piloted by the player.  I think it is an ai only unit.  Lizard coult probably describe the behavior better.  Pretty much if the artillery unit targets a unit 10m away, the mortars converge so the artillery unit can directly shoot it without any arc.  When an arc is involved, for example mortars, the convergance begins to fail.  The shots will converge so the mortars will converge if they don't arc, but because they arc, the mortars fly a greater distance than 10m so they end up continuing their paths so they overshoot and end up missing the object.  Depending on the actual distance, the shots could be farther off than they would be if shot convergance was diabled. 

ScarleTomato

I had a similar problem here

I made the plasma fall, and it really messed up when it tried to shoot using the higher arc degree.
Here are the missing Pics

glad to hear we might be getting a switch for it soon :-D