• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Oh UltraKen... about that shot convergance thing...

Started by Avatar, March 06, 2006, 12:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultraken

Without a target, weapons will converge at the WeaponClass aiRange.  You could try adjusting that value in the weapon.

Red Devil

What box???

General BlackDragon

wouldnt that make the target unable to be "T" targeted? not the other way around?

*****General BlackDragon*****

I think the AI always target, regardless, as that's how they know you're even there...

Better to think about weapons that don't converge, as someone said, like the solar flare. 

Otherwise, all you need is a visible render that doesn't converge regardless of what the invisible actual damaging converging weapon effect does.

So set up two emits that kick out a laser-like beam, and equip the darn thing with an invisible weapon.  The emits won't shut down when a friendly goes through, but the weapon won't damage them either...

-Av-

Red Devil

There's this too, from PB1 by Ken, plus the other isStealth options added by GSH in PB2:

- Added support for stealth as distinct from radar damping.  Setting
[GameObjectClass] isStealth or [DeployableClass] isStealthDeployed
makes the object radar-invisible and untargetable unless you have a
clear line of sight.  Turret Tanks set isStealthDeployed by default to
reproduce the behavior seen in 1.2, allowing "ambushes".  [Ken]
What box???

General BlackDragon

my idea was to hook up two "taps" that have hp cannon's on them, but i kept getting that AV, i dont have threed working, so im basically making it by notepad. What do i need to do? can anyone help me make a working model? I found that the tap pieces i made are what causes the AV...they are described below

dummy root
hp_turret_x
hp_cannon_1
hp_eyepoint

what am i missing?

Red Devil

What box???

General BlackDragon

Red Devil

I see turret HP's spelled this way in ODF's.  Sure they're the same?  I've learned the hard way that I sometimes see things the way I think they should be instead of the way they are.

turretCount = 4
turretName1 = "turret_y_1"
turretName2 = "turret_x_1"
turretName3 = "turret_x_2"
turretName4 = "HP_eyepoint"
What box???

General BlackDragon

the original gun tower part worked fine, and i could name the turret piece hippyhippydoodaa if i wanted, just as long as its the same in the odf :P

Red Devil

I know, was just thinking the mind's eye might see hp_turret in both places is all.
What box???

I know people want to do their own thing but it's always a good idea when modding to follow the rules, at least until something's working.

It SHOULD be the way RED spelled it out.  That's what Pandemic did and it was for a reason, regardless of what else 'works'.

-Av-

General BlackDragon

ok fine, ill TRY it,...ill let you know if it works.

You have to start somewhere when debugging.  The first step, and one I often miss myself, is to make sure everything is EXACTLY the way it's spelled out by stock items.  That way you remove the possibility of a typo or other misconfiguration.

-Av-

Red Devil

Using a tabbed editor can help you do that too.
What box???