• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

fix to visual lag

Started by Spawn, March 06, 2006, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Yes it is possible, I have a mod with lots of more powerfull weapons up the tech tree, it does desend into total carnage and very short fights. Rebalancing them all is not an appealling prospect.

Red Devil

I posted an idea on the private board a few months back about making a reverse tech tree, where the weapons got weaker, i.e., the advanced weapons became unavailable (or even have the scrap pools/scrap availability decrease) as time passed, so you'd have to make the most of the early game.  That would make it like a real war, where the resources were used up rapidly and you'd be fighting with the bare minimums if you survived.
What box???

Spawn

Except that in a real war takes longer then an hour.  Also would be impossible to balance, could just get a bunch of advanced weapons at the start and then the enemy has no possibility of coming back.

*GEL*Avenger

FYI spawn...my windows won't run that zip program...If you do make a more stable gameprefs would you mind copying and pasting it on the boards dance...

OvermindDL1

Just get 7zip, when installed extract something by right clicking on it and use the options in that context menu.

{LoC}Phas3r

So any hints on what else been tweaked in gamepref yet or is it still a big secret only 7z user are allow to know  :?
I played a lots with all the gamesmooth options and found out good settings yet but still missing some tweaks. Some help would be apreciated.

Red Devil

Try the first page of this thread, post by Commando.
What box???

Spawn

In the first post there is a link to the official 7zip client, winrar can also open it if your more familler with that.

{LoC}Phas3r

*Winrar doesnt open the file at least the version i bought (3.0 french), i just tried it.*

Are we allow to spam this board with a pulicity product and forcing every players to download 7zip if they want to play/test in 1.3? I guess not but its just me.

I need to know what does fix the "visual lag" so i can explain it better to friends, new players and other players.

So like i said i played with the 4 gamesmooth setting talked about in this topic but i feel like there is much more and now i wonder if anyone else did find something. You wrote somewhere your fix was random tweaks so even if i find all the changed you made to your gamepreff id still be far to find what does fix it. Also your gamepref will not help me much. I dont have any software to compare it with my gamepref and im not interested in downloading one either!

Commando

1.3 testers are pretty much required to have 7z on their computers in order to test the latest versions of 1.3.  I don't see what's the big deal, it takes up a few megs or space.  If you don't want to use it, you don't have to, but it is highly encouraged that you use it if you want to use the log posted above.

Spawn

I have a trial copy of winrar and it opens .7z files just fine.  Version is 3.5.1, try updating before complaining?

technoid

GSH switched to 7-Zip around end of 2004 for distributing beta builds, due mostly to a higher compression factor (compared to Winzip) and also that it is freeware (per GNU licensing).

{LoC}Phas3r

Thx for all the help i wished i had  :-o
Cant wait to meat you in the zone!

Spawn

You could ask scout, he IS your div leader :-P

{LoC}Phas3r

Lords of Chaos Battlezone II Division leaders are
{LoC}lubberlick
{LoC}Bacardiman
{LoC}10*Gauge
{LoC}Airhog

And yes i talk with scout but im also allowed to come here for help but since private beta i always been ignored and its not changing today. I first thought that was because i wasnt known so i started hosting 1.3 games on a regular basis and brought some vets to1.3 pb1. That was untill i got my pc stolen and stopped playing games.
But nothing ever changed yet im still pushed in a corner like most multiplayers, damned to wait untill final release. We had talk at begining of 1.3pv about ground bumping and the lack of speed while using aerodinamyc position and we still with those problems and some more.

At this stade of beta we start finding good gamepref settings wich were left there to correct some situation by ourself and to addapt the game performance to your pc performance and again there is like an interdiction to tell clearly multiplayers what setting they must play with. There was a good starting point with the 4 gamesmooth settings but it had to stop there for some reason anyone interested in knowing more got redirected to a gamepreff.ini file wich doesnt explain what been changed and what did help and what didnt.

And again we have to test by ourself if we want to find out, wich is fine by me cause i like testing wich is why i always been around 1.3. but i thought we had a "team" and we would share information togheter.

Anyway im still in 1.3 so just ask my help if you want it cause im not gonna ask your again.
Like i said meat you in the zone or just never meat!