• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

fix to visual lag

Started by Spawn, March 06, 2006, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

For the record, it is hard to become a King (division leader) in LoC because the requirements are strict. One of those requirements is activeness, Scout isn't a very active BZ2 player.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Spawn

What about lubber?
Scout is relatively active, but in different games.

Trinity ®©

Quote from: GSH on March 10, 2006, 01:48:51 PM
I'm sick and tired of a bunch of whiny types thinking they speak for everyone.

-- GSH

Is this more sick and tired than all the other times or just more of the same?

Zero Angel

Quote from: Spawn on March 23, 2006, 05:25:10 PM
What about lubber?
Scout is relatively active, but in different games.

Lubber is an emperor. Much like a commander-in-chief, he does not need to coordinate or participate in battles should he choose not to. He is a founder and is thus given special rights including the ability to lead several divisions.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

wug

Hi guys, so what's the latest on the visual lag?  Should I install PB2 now, or wait for a confirmed fix?

Commando

It should be safe to install pb2.  A fix is in the works along with a few treats in the latest versions of 1.3 (post public beta 2).  I won't comment on them here.

Wug, have you given up on the aips?  The ISDF should be much better about building the Training Facility and Tech Center since they will now rotate the buildings appropriately.

wug

Coolness... I'll install PB2 and try it out.

No, I haven't given up on making the AIPs, but I haven't touched it in a few months.  Didn't think anyone would remember, heh!  I guess I better get it finished before 1.3 is finalized. :wink:

The ISDF building problem was a real show stopper, IMHO.  I had just gotten to the point where I thought I had the scavenger overproduction solved.

Has there been any new AIP commands introduced in PB2?  Any documentation or examples?

Commando

Look at the modlog posted in another thread.  It contains all of the new aip commands added in 1.3, pre and post public beta 1.  Everything up to public beta 2 should be included.  The modlog mainly contains odf commands along with aip commands and not general fixes.  The ai will automatically rotate a building if they can't build it facing a specific direction.  If rotation doesn't solve the problem, the ai locates another spot to build.

Axeminister

I'm used to winzip, so this 7-zip thing is somewhat different. I extracted the file to the addon folder, but when I started the game, it said I had duplicate files. So I deleted the oldest duplicate config file that held the duplicate GamePrefs.ini file. The game runs fine, the ships don't have that visual lag problem, but all ships are different colors (Scions are blue)and the buildings have weird little markings on them. I'm not complaining, just wanted to know if this is on purpose.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Spawn

I had it set up so you just need to extract it to the directory you installed battlezone into.  Sorry about wrong info at the start.  The color thing could be the mipmaps setting, try changing it back to four.

Killer AK

Im probably and idiot but this visual lag, or choppy-ness while in a Public Beta Game is driving me nutz. This Forum has nothing but a file to download to try to fix it but i can't figure out what to do with it. When I take out the old file of my GamePref.ini and put in the new one I download and go play the game I get all the green bars and notifications and writtings everywhere. Almost like Console but not exactly.  Any advice what I should do? Like can you spell out everything I must do?

Spawn

// Range for a percentage of a craft's normal forward velocity it may
// be smoothed by when multiworld is on. This value should be between
// 0.0 and 5.0, where 1.0 means that the craft is allowed to travel up
// to 100% of its forward velocity per frame.
//
// Setting the min down to 0 is not recommended, as craft rotating in
// place w/o any position changes won't have their changes shown until
// it moves.
//
// Setting the max number higher will be slightly more jumpy, while
// lower numbers will tend to induce warp if remote players maneuver
// really quickly.

MinMWSmooth_DTPercentage = 5.0 // 0.5
MaxMWSmooth_DTPercentage = 5.0 // 1.5

// Some other clamps on the smoothing code ranges. These are in absolute
// dt values, not percentages of current frame. Values less than 0.00001
// mean that this value is ignored. These can be adjusted with the
// game.minsmoothdt and game.maxsmoothdt console commands
MinMWSmooth_dt = 0.0 // 0.01
MaxMWSmooth_dt = 0.0 // 0.5

// Feedback factors for MW smoothing. Each of these may be between 0.0
// and 1.0, with 0.0 meaning "use 100% of the traditionally-calculated
// value for this, 1.0 meaning "use 100% of the new calculation for
// this", and 0.5 meaning "average the two exactly." In limited
// testing, values closer to 0 than 1 tend to work better.
//
// PositionFactor is used to blend between the just-calculated
// position and the last frame's position. A value of 0 will use only
// the highly-smoothed position, a value of 1 will use the 'best
// guess' position of where they are, and a value of 0.5 will use 50%
// of both values. Values between 0.75 and 0.999 will probably be
// intolerable. This value is applied on a per-frame basis, so as
// your framerate goes up, PositionFactor will seem to get stronger.
//
// VelocityFactor is used to blend between the true (physics)
// velocity (value of 0) and the velocity needed to get it going
// towards its true position (value of 1).

MWSmooth_PositionFactor = 0.999 // 0.15
MWSmooth_VelocityFactor = 0.00
If you can, only this part needs to remain unchanged, open the gameprefs.ini file with notepad and look though it, changing whatever you dont want back to what it was, or if you have the original one then just replace what is above in that and overwrite it completely.

Killer AK

I followed the instructions and the visual lag still happens.
No security or firewall is on when I run BZ2
Pentium 4 3.2 Gig processor
AGPX8 128 Ati 9800
2-Sata drives that are striped.
I am not the only other player experienceing this problem.
Actually I haven't met a player that isn't experiencing this problem.
Almost all games have stopped in multiplayer and only I and Axeminister has been hosting as of lately.
Problem seems to start at the point the base is built, but when the host get's attacked or is involved in a major battle than the games ruined.
Just thought I would report in.
The good news is I haven't had any AV's as of yet.
Although I would sooner put up with the AV's than loose control of the game to choppiness.
May switch back to PB1. Until a fix comes out, if one does.
PB2 while playing flesh storm hasn't had any problems so far but I haven't had the chance to do some more testing.