• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mods and the Editor

Started by Raven, March 07, 2006, 10:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Right first off sorry if this info is around/on the wrong board, but i need it quick.

I know the bz2edit.exe allows the editor. But when im using my mod and i need to get into the editor in that, i cant, even adding the /edit into the mm5 command line options wont work, when i enter the game, the AI taunt says: "I dare you to use the editor" which suggests somethings clicked on (may be a coincidense though) but pressing ctrl+e does nothing...and game.cheat bzeditor acts like youv tried todo it in multi, no confirmation message and still doesnt work. I kind of need this as i havent put up the constructor to build the buildings yet or the building tree.

If its not possible i guess il have to set it up.

Red Devil

Try using the editor without going through MM5.
What box???

Raven

It doesnt work though...i set it up anyway..just quite an annoyance :roll: right now my mod is only set up to run via mm5, not the seperate thing ive heared 1.3 can do.

Spawn

With mm5 you can tell it to run another exe, aka bz2edit, look at the fe mm5 files.

Raven

Interesting....Thanks, il experiment with it, see if i can get it to work in conjunction with my mod.

CmptrWz

Older MM5 versions don't know what bz2edit.exe is. Try upgrading.

Raven

Ok thanks for the info guys.