• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Free Eye not free!!

Started by Angstromicus, March 19, 2006, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

This has been an issue since PB1. Whenever you enter free eye in 1.2, you could use directional keys to move the camera's position on the map. Now, free eye is locked in place on the map from where you place it. You can not travel and distance on the map with free eye in PB1 and PB2. The only way you can move free eye is rotation.

I'm confused. Was this done purposely?

APCs r evil

Wait; what? Do you mean Sky-Eye, the sattelite?

Angstromicus

Shift + F12.

That's free eye, right?

Raven

Yes F12, dont you use the w,s,d and a keys not the arrows? Not tried it in 1.3 yet so cant say i know.

Angstromicus

Those keys do not permit the ability to travel a given distance either.

APCs r evil

Ohh, never knew Shift F12 did anything... Never tried most of the F keys, I should probably do that sometime.

EDIT: Typo.

OvermindDL1

I think that is only accessable using a cheat-code, and an un-supported cheat code at that.

spAce

Not a cheat mode. Its quite useful in 1.2 when editing maps or taking screenies.

CmptrWz

Technically it could be counted as one, because you could go look at things without being in a relay bunker that way, right?

Spawn

It doesn't work in multiplayer, and there is no real way to get out of it and back into a normal view, so relatively useless unless you want to take screenies.

ScarleTomato

yes, works well with visibilityrange & fogrange for taking some good landscape pictures :-) and right, ive not found a way to get back into normal view aside from quitting. Maybe still make it avaliable in bz2edit.exe?

Raven

You never knew of it? As space said its useful for maps...
To get back you need to go into the editor and back out again, although 1.3 youd need to be running the bz2edit.exe, which reminds me, is there a real point to that? Its a pain in the ass as you cant use the editor in mods! I have to use 1.2! Though if theres a reason besides multiplayer editing fine.

No reason other than stopping MP editing, and you CAN use the editor for mods as there's an EDITOR set of DLLs for that.  MP is the only issue in that it seems you have to start the map from the shell to check it out after editing, but even that's not a huge deal if you set your shortcuts up right to run the game.

I meant to mention in this thread that everyone should check their keyboard configurations after installing the patch, as it seems to overwrite anything you've changed.  IOW make sure you have keys bound to rotating the view...

-Av-

Angstromicus

Yes, it rotates the view in 1.3. In 1.2,  you could rotate your view too, and move around the map with free eye. In 1.3, moving around the map in free eye seems to be disabled...

timeismoney99999

Do Shift+F5 (Disables the interface) And Just Move The Ships Cam.
Hope That Helped U :wink: