• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Screen Size

Started by {OM}DevLeader, March 30, 2006, 08:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{OM}DevLeader

Ok,when I recently opened bz2 after rolling back my gfx card to the right version for bz2,my monitor has been set by bz2 to 1280x960 or something,which royally messes my old monitor i'm having to use since my good one died in a thunderstorm.

Even if I change the resolution  in the game options desktop,etc,it still stays on 1280x960,causing my monitor to make the most horrible of sounds because it really can't handle that resolution.

Oh yeah,I rolled back the card drivers because it was doing that,to see if it would do the proper resolution.

Spawn

Before starting the game, right after you login go to options>>graphics and change the settings there, then quit bz2 and go back in, making sure the setting stuck first.

Bob the Dinosuar

I like higher resolutions, but they mess up the up/down controlls, I liked when it moved the screen with the crosshairs, but it dosen't at higher resolutions...

{OM}DevLeader

Well,I found a work-around,appearently only resizing to 640x480 works...kinda.
And wow,monitors have tons of warning labels on the inside.
And I think they put the fuse in an intentionally horrible place where you barely reach,lol.

ScarleTomato

lol yeah those warning labels are there for a very good reason, especially if it's a CRT monitor. Those capacitors are deadly, even while it's unplugged.

Raven

Dunno about anyone else, but running mine at a higher res (which i do and always will) results in the moniter flicking to it but staying on the black "off" screen for about 15 seconds when entering any games, which is very annoying. I think it causes lag, not sure.

{OM}DevLeader

Most of them where about the screen imploding if cracked or whatnot... :-o
Hope I can get a monitor like my dad's 18-20 or so inch monitor 1280x800 or something+ resolutions with a couple hundred hertz refresh rate :-D

squirrelof09

Quote from: Raven on April 01, 2006, 05:07:51 PM
Dunno about anyone else, but running mine at a higher res (which i do and always will) results in the moniter flicking to it but staying on the black "off" screen for about 15 seconds when entering any games, which is very annoying. I think it causes lag, not sure.

When I upgraded to better RAM that ddin't happen to me anymore.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

I have 512 ram and now 3 ghz cpu, running it at 800x600 shouldnt be a bother, proble the sucky monitor :D. Not even tried 1024x768

squirrelof09

Maybe it was the upgrade of the video driver..

It isn't the monitor I know that.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

Wow this was a long time ago! I haven't read this board for ages :P

Im not sure if it is the drivers, after upgrading them, everything ran loads faster (games etc).
It's something todo with my pc anyway, I tested 1.2 and it does it, so its not a 1.3 problem.

Mayby my RAM has fried on me too :roll: wouldnt suprise me, I have terrible luck with this damn thing, always blowing up on me, both cards, CPU, I swear its mum "cleaning" when Im not here, time to investigate :evil: It costs me LOADS! :x

Axeminister

Use asusprobe to analyze your pc.
Axeminister
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GENERAL MANSON*

or get speedfan. never heard of that one since i dont browse much ill look it up and bookmark it.-asusprobe i just found out has a possiblility to cause a system driver problem. try sppedfan or Motherboard Monitor.

General_Hoohah

Man, I can't warn people enough. GET A GOOD SURGE PROTECTOR! Hell, I got the best available for what I had to spend. CompUSA had these UPS's on sale, so I picked one up and used a gift card I had been saving for just such an occasion. It not only keeps our network up during the rare blackout, but it cleans the incomming power to my PC and protects against surges, so I never have to worry about any of my PC components. People always think UPS's are expensive, but they arn't if you're a wise shopper and know how to find good deals. And by the way, UPS's are heavy so buying one online might not be such a great idea, because of shipping cost vs weight of the package. Just check your sunday paper. There are some great deals. I got this one about 50% off! You can even hook it up to a port on your PC so you can monitor the power supply, and you can tell it to do certain things during a black out through software. I don't remember the model number, but its an APC and this is a pic of it.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001R05HA.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Also, you can get a monitor REALLY cheap at www.PCMall.com. Just find a monitor they have only one or two left of. What happens is their bosses tell them to get rid of it any way they can, so they can use the shelf space for a different or newer product that has a higher demand. So if you act really unsure about the price,  they try and bullhoot you by telling you that they'll put it on their employee discount. :roll: So all you have to do, is find a model with one or two left in stock, then haggle and act really innocent about it. Works better if you get a younger girl to do it. ROFL The reason, is they want you to come back by giving you the nice guy routine. I bought a +$900 Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u 21" for only about $480 or so this way, and he also reduced the shipping charge. So between the monitor and the shipping, I paid about $500 for a $900 CRT monitor. LOL
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

GENERAL MANSON*

i think thats a rip-off + its NOT A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE YOUR MODEM OR ROUTER PLUGGED INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR. Or so ive heard.