• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

"Join IP" button, not "Join Game"

Started by gibbo, April 15, 2006, 07:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibbo

hey everyone.

i installed the 1.3 v2 patch and i can find games but the "join game" button has been replaced with one that says "join ip".

how do i get the join game button back?

thanks, Tim

GreenHeart

you should have two buttons  Join by IP & a regular Join button...
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

gibbo

APCs r evil

The Join Game button is in the top right corner. I don't know why they put the Join Game button there instead of the Join IP button. Makes more sense to me but it doesn't really matter. They both work the same if you have the game you want to join selected, just click "OK" or whatever it is.. when the Join IP button pops up with a window that has an IP box and a Password box it.

EDIT: Just saw your last post, don't know why you don't have the Join Game button. The info above is still relevant though.

gibbo

Ah ok. That means eveyrthings fine then. I can get that box and put all the info in.

Only problem then is that it says it times out  :roll:

OvermindDL1

He doesn't have it because he does not have a game selected that he can join.  You can only join games that have white text.

BZZERKER

OM is correct. See the (V) in your screenshot? That tells you that it's the wrong version patch and therefore you will not be able to join those games.

OvermindDL1

In previous versions, you can specify /poweruser on the commandline to show all games, even ones you cannot join, 1.3 just has that on by default.  You can turn it off in the gameprefs file if it bugs you.

gibbo

Quote from: BZZERKER on April 15, 2006, 12:08:41 PM
OM is correct. See the (V) in your screenshot? That tells you that it's the wrong version patch and therefore you will not be able to join those games.

Ah ok. Thanks!!! How can I find out what patch the other person is using?

APCs r evil

I can pretty much guarantee that most of the games on that list are running 1.2.

I'm not sure why 1.3 doesn't show the version of other games in the little info box to the right of the map picture.

gibbo

OK Thanks. I'll uninstall Battlezone 2, reinstall it and install the v1.2 patch and see how it goes.

Thankyou soooo much everyone who's helped!

APCs r evil

You don't have to uninstall, just make multiple installs of BZ2, so you can run all three patches, if you wish. To do this just copy your install of BZ2 that you get fresh off the disc, and copy it to any other location. Then install whatever you want on it.  :-D

General_Hoohah

Don't you just double click the name of the game you want to join, on the list?
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Spawn

General_Hoohah

nm, lol. Steam does that, not BZ2.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.