• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

"Join IP" button, not "Join Game"

Started by gibbo, April 15, 2006, 07:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DF-Mj.Gen.Dead_Eye

funny i can do that on my BZ2 werid

Axeminister

Since patch 1.3pb2 has come out, I've actually noticed new players. Some haven't played on the net before, and some have come back from a 3 year haitus or something. But all of these people don't know that you can install the game multiple times. It blows their mind when you tell them to do it too. From what I've been reading, there are a few ways to do it. I always open windows explorer and right click hardrive and create a new folder, name it whatever you want and  then use windows explorer to look at contents of cd and double-click set-up to install game to new folder. Then make sure to install patch to that same folder. Isn't this the best way?
Axeminister
There is no knowledge that is not power.

General_Hoohah

Yep. I have BZ2 installed in about 6 different places.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Spawn

The easiest way is simply to keep a clean install and then copy it whenever you want to use it, though you seem to be doing the same thing just via a cd axe.

GENERAL MANSON*

SC_Jacen[GA]

I have 3 installs, all on an external hard drive that is shared between my LT and my PC (1.1, 1.2 and the latest 1.3)

I was just over at Timedisruptor and I saw this http://www.timedisruptor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18872#18872 :(

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can join games even if you don't have the right patch... Just can't enter the game (can talk, but not play)

Spawn

GSH

It shouldn't be possible for any different version of BZ2 to join a game. There's plenty of checks in the code to prevent that.

If you want to talk, use 1.3's chatroom.

-- GSH

SC_Jacen[GA]

QuoteIf you want to talk, use 1.3's chatroom.
That kinda defeats the purpose.

Just wondering, is anyone else having timeout errors when they try to join multiplayer? I get it every game I try, except my pings are under 300.

OvermindDL1

But 1.3's chat room is simple IRC that you can join with any IRC client you know. :)

SC_Jacen[GA]

Spawn

You don't even need to know how to use irc.  You get a timeout because it's the wrong version most likely, or if you have a firewall which is blocking that.  If your using pb2 and the game is in RED then there is a different version, this is why you can't join.

You have no idea how many people come into the chatroom and ask for the game to be unlocked so they can play.  *Ammo*ing PITA.

SC_Jacen[GA]

QuoteYou have no idea how many people come into the chatroom and ask for the game to be unlocked so they can play.  *Ammo*ing PITA.
Heh, trouble with that is... If someones in game, their not in the chatroom, are they? :P

OvermindDL1

Obviously, that would be destracting, do you really want your thugs chatting? :P

GENERAL MANSON*

On vent yes, on chat boxes no way it floods.  :wink: