• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Limitations of shot flash?

Started by Angstromicus, July 10, 2006, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

I've been trying to get this shot "afterglow" to work, and it required custom geometry. I set the animate time to 5 seconds, yet the geometry only lasted about a tenth of a second. I didn't see a line of code called lifeTime for draw_geom, so I added in lifeTime = 5. That didn't work either. Is there a limit to how long a draw_geom flash can last?

Well... after further testing... it isn'st just draw_geom, it's anything. It appears that the shot flash can last only as long as the weapon shot does. Could this time be extended beyond that perhaps?
Date Posted: July 09, 2006, 11:01:57 AM
Edit: After even further testing...

Using the same weapon 1e3 shot speed, with a lifespan of 5 seconds, the shot flash still lasted only an instant, even less time than it took for the weapon shot to race off out of view.