• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3 Public Beta #3 released

Started by GSH, August 10, 2006, 10:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Oh I know that it's just that the video isn't there, I'll sort it out when I can be bothered, its no biggie.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

rubik

I haven't played BZ2 in years.  Saw the download on 3dgamers.

Pulled out the box (the orginal one with the keyboard overlay and big manual), and I must say:

GREAT WORK.  Runs like a champ, and the harder AI's are totally kicking my butt.

BZ2 is such a great game.

THANKS!!

Red Devil

There's five main features of 1.3:

1. Increased Stability From Bug Squashing

2. Increased Modability

3. Better Sound

4. Better Graphics

5. Better AI

To get the full benefit from 1.3, you need to start using the new ODF entries.

What box???

Mattroxx

Thanks to:  Nathan, Ken and everyone else who has kept working on this great game.

Time to re-install the game, pull on the ol' Scion boots, and...

Maltenrazer

i LOVE you gys.. thx so much!!! :-D

VSMIT

I just installed the patch over a new install of BZ2, and the game crashed with a computer restart right after the intro movie.  There is no error in the Battlezone.log file, but it keeps crashing.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Haley

i read after the install thing ywas done that installing directX8 is recommended to run the pb3 1.3 patch. did it say that for pb2 adn pb1 or shoudl u get directX8 to deal with graphic problems?

Red Devil

Try the /nodxt and /slowaudio commandline switches.

Quote from: VSMIt on September 15, 2006, 11:02:01 PM
I just installed the patch over a new install of BZ2, and the game crashed with a computer restart right after the intro movie.  There is no error in the Battlezone.log file, but it keeps crashing.
What box???

VoodooChile

hey,

i just tried pb3 and apc's were not working.
they would land but no pilots would come out :(
i thought apc's were better in 1.3?  :?

Commando

That is odd.  Pilots should be dropped before the APC touches the ground.

Marksman

Did you tell the APCs to "Goto place" or did you tell them to attack something?

If you missed the target for attack and instead told them to goto a place, then they would probably not let out pilots.  It could happen if you were pointing into the enemy base when directing them but missed the target and accidently pointed to the ground somewhere instead.

VoodooChile

they realy werent working, i tried it 6 times, only in 1 game tho, and yes i told em to attack....attack!.....attaaaack!.......ok just die u piece of hoot...  :-D

Killer AK

Modified empty scouts cost more than modified regular scouts on both sides.
Although the msl scout on isdf is better than it was in 1.2.
The scions Sentries as ur wingman seem to be some what reluctant to fire and they just move to fast for the AI to squeeze off the shots needed for sentries to be effective.
:|
can't find any information what exactly the gause gun does.....the bz2 handbook doesn't talk about a lot of weapons.

Commando

The gauss gun isn't in the book because it was added in 1.2.  Its basically a rapid fire, instant hit, gun.  It has good damaged when compared to the other scion guns.