• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Few bugs/issues I found

Started by Raven, August 15, 2006, 09:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

1.) In ISDF factory customisation screen, when you select a unit, the xsi displayed in the box is often screwed, as far as I can tell units with a "lights1/2/3 etc" frame bodge up, the mesh is invisible and only the lights can be seen. Possible its my stupid computor wacking up but you never know. Also I haven't checked the Scion kiln/forge yet.

2.) Not so much a bug but when you climb a cliff in a unit (or pilot probably), and as you get to the top, I noticed that you carry on a fair way above the edge of the cliff until you finally right yourself and get onto the top.

Otherwise I like what youve all done with pb3 and thanks again for continuing working on this patch for us all.

If I find any more stuff Il edit this post.

Thanks again :-)

Commando

For issue #1, do you have bump mapping enabled?  If so, that is the cause.  Turn off bump mapping to get the models to show up.

lucky_foot

Just for my knowledge, what exactly is bump mapping?
Jonathan S.

Raven

ah thatl be it, Il turn it off

APCs r evil

# 2 Is still around? I thought that was fixed about a year ago...

Marksman

How about this one.

Sometimes when calling for a ship to "Pick me up", it will come to me but the pilot will not jump out. I will have to tell it again to get the pilot to jump out.

Raven

Thats been doing it ages, does it to me in 1.2 as far as I can remember anyway...

Saloei

bump mapping gives the textures a raised apperance. so, if you were to be next to a unit, you see that some areas of the units or objects stick out instead of having a flat look. the seams on metal also appear to be deeper and more defined. if you go to graphic screen after you are in a game, go to bumpmapping section and turn the effect ON and OFF, and youll see the difference right infront of your eyes. make sure before you go to the graphics option screen you're infront of a unit so you can this effect.