• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mapmaking - Paths for IA

Started by Havoc40k, January 24, 2007, 11:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

wouldnt it actually be smarter to remove them for vets because then that would be unexpected?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

GreenHeart

Quote from: bigbadbogie on December 02, 2007, 06:45:04 PM
wouldnt it actually be smarter to remove them for vets because then that would be unexpected?

eh, pb3 was released awhile ago.  pb4 has been released yet.  The vets should be able to figure out where the enemies will come from just by looking at the layout of the terrain.  If the map make puts in enough stage points then you'll  never know which direction you'll  get attacked by next.  before you start complaining my maps, just be thankful i'm not using the g66 dll with the maps I create, otherwise  it might take more than two hours to defeat them.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

I can beat your maps in much less than that if I just keep making APC's...  hole up in your base and just keep sending in APCs...  use the scrap from the massive attack waves to make more APCs and send them in from all directions...  works like a charm.

GAIPS, otoh, doesn't fall for this as the AI throws things back up again as fast as you take them down.  The most evil thing Natty has is the AI Constructors...  and the blatant, 'we don't worry about scrap' is in your face all the time...

This is not intended as criticism, nor should in any way make you change the 'Greenheart' maps.  I love them, and the pre-placed defenses make for a different challenge than a GAIPS map.  It wouldn't be the same if the AI tossed them all back up again, as then the maps would be pretty much unplayable.

Getting back to path points, the whole point of playing MPI is to get the AI as close to being a human player (without the attitude) as possible.  Using staging and hold points is one way of doing this.  A good commander won't just keep tossing units at you straight from his base, he'll mix and match and hit you from all over.  I personally like the feel of a map with well-placed staging points as it makes the AI seem like a busy army out to destroy you.

-Av-

Zero Angel

Agreed. I like how in G66 Iceberg how the AI will stage units out to the outer regions of the map behind your base and hit your base with a nicely coordinated pincer.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

ZTV Death Ray has a Bomber Blocker that kills any aircraft sent towards the AI base.  It also has boulders rolling down the hills, etc.  Love it.
What box???

TheJamsh

is G66 not included within pb3 anyway? if not does it work with it?

help wanted =]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

G66 Version 2 works with 1.3, and is even more hellish.   There are beta's of it around on the G66 board here I think.

GreenHeart

Quote from: TheJamsh on December 28, 2007, 05:28:17 PM
is G66 not included within pb3 anyway?

Eh, g66 was never added to the 1.3 patch however g66 2.o was release seperatly. All the 1.3 public beta releases use the mpi stock dll & stock13 aip files.  The public beta release do however contain some maps i've created that were orginally setup to be harder & last a lot longer.  The GreenHeart type mpi maps were included in the public Betas since they caused alot more beta testing to take place & were fun to play.  I'd really hate to see how hard those greenheart type mpi maps would get with the g66 mod.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

i played it today... freakin awesome!

at first i thought it was AI improvement in all areas... including instant games.. apparently not...

the maps are good too

OvermindDL1

G66 is *very* dll based, and he only works on multi-dlls, so yea. :)

TheJamsh

i am somewhat confused however, on the AIP selection screen, we have the "stock 1.3 DLL's" (this is in instant skirmish mode btw)

easy
standard
hard
extreme
insane

are THESE the G66 AIP's/DLL's for 1.3pb3?

OvermindDL1

Nope, none of them are related to G66 (as stated G66 is *very* dll based), just different AI's that members around here have themselves made.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Red Devil

Download/install the zip in the G66 for 1.3 All-In-One thread in the PB3 board. It pulls in the right .CFG's and the G66 AIP's.
What box???