• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

NEW: - ODF Editor Public V1.0

Started by shane ward, July 15, 2007, 04:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

.............................................. Note!!!! ..............................................

The Website is Hosted on Freeservers which is heavily loaded with Advertisement.

Make sure you have some Anti Popup software on your computer before you visit
the site.

.............................................. Note!!!! ..............................................

Greetings everyone,

Well it was bound to be done sooner or later so I have finally completed the first stage of the New ODF editor.

I must warn everyone that my programming skills is poor and I have done my best to make this program as advanced as I can and it has taken me a very long time to get it to the stage it is at.

The project will only accept building odf, Ship odf and Pods. The other functions have not been made; I have made the program support almost everything within these classes. Please be reminded that making something like this is very hard

Help documents are currently being made and can be downloaded from my website, so you all will have to play and figure out how the program works (Should be fun ). The easiest thing to do is use the “Quick Make Wizard” it will do most of the work for you and it will be easier to work out the program.

Please note that this program is made using “Visual Basic 6” and you will need “Visual basic runtime files” on your computer for this program to work.

Please add any comments and improvements to this thread and I will look at it ASAP. It will be helpful if a picture and detailed description can be added so I can track down the problem…

Please note that odf’s made with this editor have not been 100% tested in the game it’s self, I mainly worked on the likeness of the new ODF compared to the Old ODF in the original Battlezone 2 game. Some testing in the game has been done and problems fixed but any new problems experienced in the game should be posted ASAP.

Note also that there are bound to be spelling errors, again post an image and the correct spelling, thanks

Download: - http://shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2/odfeditor

RECENT BUG FIXES: -

1) Spelling error
2) Tab or arrow key indexing Bug.
3) CanCollide has extra value added. (Used only 0. Made it accept 0 and 1 Value)
4) Xsi Reading of HP'S Would not list in Building Class, Error Fixed.
5) Changed explanations and title of pichpich and pichthrust.

Shane Ward
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

General BlackDragon

yeah, it's good to see something for the newbie people to use. I'd focus on all the new features u can. :)

General BlackDragon

hmm

weapon class, when i hit accept, wont come up?

shane ward

ummmmm, need little more information, in the ships menu, you need to select a class of unit otherwise the weapons are not avalable, Also you need to select a HP point in the menu above it, Like Select hp_Cannon_1.

You can open a Xsi/MSh file in the XSI, Msh Object File Field in under AddClass and it will open the Xsi/Msh file and extract all the HP Points for you.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Cool SW, I'd like to download it as new tools for modders are not that frequent from what I've seen here and other places that I've searched on the web. I can't believe some of the ho hum attitudes that some of the peeps that regularly use this site exhibit when someone figures out something potentially useful. I may have become a Sabre purely by persistence and posting but hey at least now I've actually started to contribute something to the BZ community which makes me feel better. Kudos, SW for your contribution with the ODF editor...BNG.  :-D

PS: This community needs a continual influx of new blood sometimes I think there seems to be arrogant false sense of been there done that and it really stifles the creative part of sharing new ideas and staying motivated to help teach others that somebody else takes for granted. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Cool, I downloaded bot the editor and your mod too SW...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

hehe, I've been around the battlezone area for some time, my first map or project I made was called the Rescue which was made early 2000, so I've been here loooooooongggggg time ;)

Some of my mods and work are hidden from view because my website is not published very well, I tried to get it added to the Hosted Sites on BZU because it is Hosted by them, but nothing's been done, Hopefully the Editor will help in getting it posted :) Please modarators :) Please with cherry on a top!

OK, I'm getting little sleepy, working long hours you know!

Shane

P.S To everyone, Using the editor may be hard at the start but there is A quick make Wizard in the main programs menu that can help you make a unit fast and also you can work out how it works, also the PDF document can help too. I am currently making more advanced help guides, so keep looking at the website.

General BlackDragon

i mean when u go to file > New ODF, if i pick "weapon class" and hit accept...nothing happens...i cant make new weapons with ur odf editor?

shane ward

hoooooo, I see..... I am sorry to say that the editor does not support making or editing Weapons, Like it said on the website it can only open unit ODF, Like Ships, Buildings and objects. The Weapon class function will be added later.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Bummer it won't work under Win ME, guess I'll have to waut til later and run it under XP...BNG

EvolutionX

Excellent application, I before towards everything by hand, now with this he is much more fast, for a later version would be  possible to be included in addClass the option aircraf. Thank you very much by this contribution!!!!!!!
PD: Very Good mod assilimation!   :wink:

shane ward

QuoteBummer it won't work under Win ME, guess I'll have to waut til later and run it under XP...BNG

Ummmmm, The program was made using Windows ME, it works fine in ME, Please note that this program is made using “Visual Basic 6” and you will need “Visual basic runtime files” on your computer for this program to work which you might have missing!!

EvolutionX

Windows XP, has these runtime, all those that have this operating system must not have problems.  :wink:

OvermindDL1

Just download the VB runtime from microsoft and it will run perfect if it does not run.