• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

NEW: - ODF Editor Public V1.0

Started by shane ward, July 15, 2007, 04:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Quote from: Dark_Angel on July 16, 2007, 11:38:06 AM
Windows XP, has these runtime, all those that have this operating system must not have problems.  :wink:

I'm not so sure that XP has all of the runtimes. I had to download comdlg32 before I could get it to work.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

Try registering it:

Start, Run, regsvr32 <drive>\windows\system32\comdlg32.dll
What box???

Red Devil

Hmmmmm... I tried that and got an DLLRegisterServer entry point not found error.

Edit: I have a comdlg32.dll in my system32 folder, but not a .ocx one.
What box???

BNG Da BZ Fool

SW, your editor has a very cool UI. I haven't yet tried anything as of now but really appreciate this new tool for better managing such things for the game. I really look forward to additions to the editor as you find time to refine it and receive feedback from other modders to make the utility even more useful...BNG  :-D
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Red Devil

Not sure what's going on.  Can't registers comdlg32.ocx and installing VB runtime didn't fix it.
What box???

VSMIT

Search for comdlg32.ocx using Google or some other such search engine.

Save it into your system32 folder in your Windows or WINNT folder, then register it.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

That fixed it, but the date of the file is 2001, so, seeing that this build was made with Windows ME and I am using XP Pro, it seems there's some lack of backwards compatibility.  Reverting back.
What box???

BNG Da BZ Fool

Runs fine under my XP home and I'll try installing it on my crappy ME laptop, man it's really a hunk-a-junk-a. I use it at work though for making models with GSL. Tanks again though SW for the ODF editor...BNG.  :-D
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

Some minor new fixes have been placed, would recomend people to update there copy. Just download on my website under download.

Thanks.
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

TheJamsh

its a nogo on installing in vista lol!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

shane ward

umm... Well it is a vb6 created program.. I never used vista so I do not know how it works but I think you need the basics... VB runtime files that you can get from microsoft... Hopefully that will solve the problem.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

BNG Da BZ Fool

I figured out the problem with WIN ME not wanting to load the ODF editor; apparently a missing .ocx is needed that I had to download and install to the system32 folder to get things moving along. I have the file available if anyone needs it for WME...BNG

CmptrWz

One of these days I might get around to actually informing people that their files are up on BZScrap in a timely fashion.

Of course, in this case, the file didn't make it through the move to the new server, so I had to put it up again.

And of course I was only sent the old one via email, so I was kind enough to grab the newer one from my complete backups of the entire BZU site from the old server and put it up instead.

CmptrWz

I replied in PM for most of the stuff in question.

The map and ODF editor you had emailed to me a while back have been uploaded. I grabbed the more recent copy from the backup I have of BZU for the ODF editor.

Anything else on your site files-wise that was not submitted for BZScrap has not been put there, unless it was already there due to having been hosted in one of the previous file repositories that were combined to make BZScrap.

.:.HMR.:.Hunter232-Priv

the odf editor works on vista  you have to make sure you have comdlg32 and you have to run it in xp compatibility