• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Little Bomber Problem

Started by shane ward, August 19, 2007, 04:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Me and my brother where playing a network battlezone 2 game using the latest battlezone and found a little problem

Well problem for me, my brother thought so to.

My brother was sending a bomber to my base and while I was in a gun spire, I noticed that the armor of the bomber is very High, I think about 10 to 15 shots of a gun spire would bring the bomber down. As I recall in the old 1.2 game, it will take a short number of blasts to bring a bomber down.

My delemer is that I think the armor is a little unrelisticly high for a bomber to be shot with a gunspire, especily lightning shots. Is this a error overlooked when changing and armor in units. I was using a scion Gunspire to shoot the bomber. Even my brother twas watching and firefight and he thought the bomber should have gone down. lol

Thanks
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Raven

Huh? The stock bomber has always been and still is easy to destroy. You sure you or your brother haven't messed with the odf?

I don't think that you being in a spire would have made much difference, I've never known there to be a problem killing them anyways.

Thats wierd mate =S

Red Devil

Looks like the armor was changed from N to H, with the result that it takes four times as much damage.
What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

I agree.  That is a huge change.

Red, did you slip in a test bomber like you did the Scion pilot for Public Beta 3?

Red Devil

Not me.  *looks at Commando*
What box???

Commando

Spawn

Arc works wonders on the bomber, though it is often easier to shoot the bomb :P

Raven

Wait your telling me this is like this on all machines? So why do I kill it so easily?

Then again it did take a suprising amount of QTEPS in g66 but I thought that might have been g66 specific. Damn my memory... Too... many... patches >_<

Zero Angel

I agree, H armor on the bomber is a little too extreme, even if you lower its HP to compensate. L would be perfect though.

It should be too much more well armored than it was in 1.2. In ZST, the bomber is poorly defended (it can be brought down in 6 seconds by a blast/chain tank), but it is still used even in an 4v4 because the player relies on feints instead, to allow the bomber to hit, which it rarely does. Still when it does hit, it makes all the dead bombers worth it and can be totally devastating to the enemy.

In other words, it ain't broken. :D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

shane ward

Well in the game we did manage to bring down the bomber but it took me and another player in gun spires and also I had to shoot the bomb (My other player was the target). If I missed my team mate would have been history, but it took two gun spires and a lot of firepower to do it.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Spawn

Spires suck against heavy armor, and aren't too good against light either.  If your enemy has a bomber and you don't even have quill or gauss then you are kinda out of luck.  Unless it is five minutes into the game, and five minute bomber is not just possible, it is hilarious.

TheJamsh

i think the gun spire is pants tbh... not enough power in them.. and if youre vehicles over a top speed of liek 35 you can easily out do it.

mind, i got a scion turret with a bit more umph... youd be surprised how many turrets there are for them now

and the ISDF

always more fun to make ISDF stuff that scion stuff tho

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

Easier too, with the ISDF stuff. Scion things have an organic yet angular and lots of curves,  feel whereas ISDF have a more boxy/angular look, and can get away with using simpler shapes. It can be harder to build scion things since they use more than simple primitives (most 'threeded' scion models consist of overly complex models which are just an obvious amalgamation of various full craft).

Scion also use a different type. ISDF use conventional weapons and various experimentations of these, whereas scion use mostly energy weaps, lots of instant hit stuf, but they feel rather lifeless and not really impactful (save for the arc-cannon and sonic blast), compare this to the ISDF weapon set -- the base crushing SP-Stab, Plasma(A) and meaty feeling chaingun and MDM round, not to mention the dread you feel when you encounter a laser scout or PL-Stab Asstank on the field.

Quote from: Spawn on August 20, 2007, 02:05:59 PM
Spires suck against heavy armor, and aren't too good against light either.  If your enemy has a bomber and you don't even have quill or gauss then you are kinda out of luck.  Unless it is five minutes into the game, and five minute bomber is not just possible, it is hilarious.
Yeah, if the enemy has already teched to bomber and you dont even have weapons upgrades, then your screwed even if they only got to blast tanks. Sonic scouts work really well vs bomber though, as do popper archers if you can afford 2 of them as automated bomber killers (even though their range kinda sucks)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

I made a modified popper Archer which defends nicely against the bomber.  Costs you though.
What box???