• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

3D studio max r3...

Started by TheJamsh, October 06, 2007, 04:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

avatar... you know that tutorial on fishdotxsi? the program is 3d studio max r3 yeah?

where can i get it? now maybe i can create some of my own models instead of using everyone elses...

thanks

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

yeh thats the one!

simple i know buta good palce to start

Nielk1

It's not easy to find old software.  As always, try ebay or google.

I have a later version of max (not mutch) and the exporter doesnt work right, it killz animations!
If you get r3, I'm ganna start sending you things I want in .xsi format but animated!

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

will r3 do the animations properly with the pandemic exporter?

TheJamsh

bigbadbogie

how are we supposed to 'learn' how to do it if you wont teach us dx??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

I have a copy on my old computer. If only I could transfer it to my new one. Though, it seems that 3ds max 8 works just as well as 3ds max 3 for BZII modeling. Actually r8 seems a bit easier to use. Though, does r3 support animation of vertexes? I know r8 does not, it only supports rotational and positional animation - not individual vertexes (sorry if my terminology is a bit "dry" but it's been a while since I've used 3ds max).

Warfreak

DX, i suggest a video tutorial................ I'd make one if someone asked ,but i dont know how to get animations to work :-P

Warfreak

VIDEO TUTORIAL...............yo uknow, so we can see everything you are doing.......(and if you have a mic you can narrarate it aswell)

Its hard to learn form something already made..............YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT WAS DONE!!!!. :-D

First of all, the Pandemic exporter exports animations every time...  I guess I don't understand what the issue is there, and exporting is as easy as File>Export...  no issues that I've ever seen.

As to vertex animation all versions of 3DSMax support this, it just doesn't make it through the exporter.  Only Softimage, for which XSI is the native format, can vertex animate an object for BZ2.  Again, this is not a Max thing, it's an exporter thing.  Someone could write an exporter that does pass through vertex animation if they wanted to...

As to making game objects Max is very easy to use, and 99% of the program won't be touched in doing so.  That's why I thought GMax was such a cool thing, boiling out just what you need to make a game object.  Too bad it seems to have died out so quickly...

Finally, there are several illustrated tutorials to get you going.  I swear I did one on making a simple tank, and pretty sure there's a walker one out there also...  after that nothing beats just getting in there and trying things for learning a package.

-Av-

anomaly

The simple tank tutorial is on fish.xsi but the walker one isn't.  I would really like to see that walker tutorial if you have it.

VSMIT

http://fishdotxsi.bz2md.com/animate.htm

This is a link to the animation tutorials.  Both of them are by Avatar, the walker-type tutorial is the second, at the bottom.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

anomaly

Thanks, guess I missed it before.

Warfreak

0_o, that clock button was there the whole time?

maybe the animations will work now....................

Um, Avatar, if i post a pic can you pint out the animate button? cause i cannot find it....... :|